Defining an OpenSocial microdata mapping in 3.0

Matthew Marum

Feb 7, 2012, 11:41:50 AM2/7/12
to opensocial-an...@googlegroups.com
I think we should look at defining a microdata mapping for OpenSocial data types.

Defining an OpenSocial microdata model would allow you to tag social content within a page for Search Engine Optimization, Reporting, OpenSocial "like" buttons, etc.

I also think there are use cases where you could put Gadget data / EE data within a page so 3rd parties can easily embed OpenSocial apps into their page.

What do people think about this?

Matt

Ryan Baxter

Feb 7, 2012, 8:30:56 PM2/7/12
to OpenSocial and Gadgets Specification Discussion
+1 Matt I agree. I think this has a lot of potential.

Mark W.

Feb 7, 2012, 8:45:25 PM2/7/12
to opensocial-an...@googlegroups.com
I also agree. I'd like to do this using some kind of path structure. This would allow us to simplify the action contribution model to use only paths.

Andy Smith

Feb 8, 2012, 6:14:34 AM2/8/12
to opensocial-an...@googlegroups.com
+1

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 8:45 PM, Mark W. <weitze...@gmail.com> wrote:
I also agree. I'd like to do this using some kind of path structure. This would allow us to simplify the action contribution model to use only paths.

Thank you,

Andy

Paul Lindner

Feb 22, 2012, 11:44:12 AM2/22/12
to opensocial-an...@googlegroups.com
Just declare schema.org entities mapping to the functionality you want to provide.  Not sure why microdata should be opensocial specific.

Matthew Marum

Feb 22, 2012, 3:19:26 PM2/22/12
to opensocial-an...@googlegroups.com
That's definitely a possibility.  I haven't had a chance to look at this much yet.

Matt