[0.8.1] Content-Rewrite feature

1 view

Chris Chabot

Jul 22, 2008, 5:37:48 AM7/22/08
to opensocial-an...@googlegroups.com
Louis Ryan has written up an proposal for the optional Content-Rewrite
feature, the proposal was discussed and detailed here:
http://groups.google.com/group/opensocial-and-gadgets-spec/browse_thread/thread/7a9bd86e74ab803e/f0ace4306d3c28ef?hl=en&lnk=gst

The feature is already live on a few containers and is supported by
both current flavors of Shindig, so in essence this means paving over
the beaten path and we already reached a grass-root style consensus,
so hopefully we can reach consensus & vote for it inside of the 0.8.1
time-frame.

chabotc

Jul 26, 2008, 6:49:33 AM7/26/08
to OpenSocial and Gadgets Specification Discussion
This thread hasn't gotten any votes or comments yet, and we are only 3
days away from tallying the votes. So if anyone feels this (already
live) feature should be included in the 0.8.1 spec, please speak
now :)

On Jul 22, 11:37 am, Chris Chabot <chab...@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Louis Ryan has written up an proposal for the optional Content-Rewrite
> feature, the proposal was discussed and detailed here:http://groups.google.com/group/opensocial-and-gadgets-spec/browse_thr...

Kevin Brown

Jul 26, 2008, 4:32:30 PM7/26/08
to opensocial-an...@googlegroups.com
Since this feature is done as an extension, I don't really see any strong reason why it needs to be in the standard at this point in time. As long as developers are using Optional and not Require for it, it shouldn't have any impact on whether or not the code functions. That's really the whole point of supporting extensions in the first place.

John Hjelmstad

Jul 28, 2008, 2:07:06 PM7/28/08
to opensocial-an...@googlegroups.com
I agree with this sentiment. At some point rewriting might touch the depths of gadget writing logic in some way, but for the time being we can keep this modularized.

--John

chabotc

Jul 30, 2008, 4:15:57 PM7/30/08
to OpenSocial and Gadgets Specification Discussion
This proposal did not find support for making it to the 0.8.1
revision, closing this thread.

On Jul 22, 11:37 am, Chris Chabot <chab...@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Louis Ryan has written up an proposal for the optional Content-Rewrite
> feature, the proposal was discussed and detailed here:http://groups.google.com/group/opensocial-and-gadgets-spec/browse_thr...

Dan Peterson

Aug 1, 2008, 5:45:27 PM8/1/08
to chabotc, OpenSocial and Gadgets Specification Discussion
I know that you closed this thread, but I would encourage those containers that manage documentation for developers to promote this extension.

-Dan