Proposal for 1.0: Complete basic Groups support

Dave

Oct 8, 2009, 11:57:48 AM10/8/09
to opensocial-an...@googlegroups.com
I just added the following 1.0 proposal to the wiki and to the spec
changes page (http://wiki.opensocial.org/index.php?title=Spec_Changes).
This is not really a new feature, it is really more of a specification
bug fix that brings the JavaScript, OSAPI and JSON-RPC specifications
in line with what we can do in the REST protocol.

Synopsis:

Groups and group IDs are referenced in many of the APIs in OpenSocial
and because of this, core OpenSocial should include basic groups
support: ability to get a list of groups associated with a user. The
REST protocol already supports this, but support is missing in the
JavaScript, OSAPI and JSON-RPC protocol. This proposal fixes that
specification bug and brings the same level of group support that we
see in REST protocol to the rest of the APIs and protocols.

Proposal:

http://wiki.opensocial.org/index.php?title=Complete_existing_basic_groups_support

Thanks,
Dave

Lane LiaBraaten

Oct 8, 2009, 12:41:48 PM10/8/09
to opensocial-an...@googlegroups.com
I'm okay with this.  -Lane

Mark W.

Oct 8, 2009, 9:13:19 PM10/8/09
to OpenSocial - OpenSocial and Gadgets Specification Discussion
+1

On Oct 8, 12:41 pm, Lane LiaBraaten <lliab...@google.com> wrote:
> I'm okay with this.  -Lane
>
> On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 8:57 AM, Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I just added the following 1.0 proposal to the wiki and to the spec
> > changes page (http://wiki.opensocial.org/index.php?title=Spec_Changes).
> > This is not really a new feature, it is really more of a specification
> > bug fix that brings the JavaScript, OSAPI and JSON-RPC specifications
> > in line with what we can do in the REST protocol.
>
> > Synopsis:
>
> > Groups and group IDs are referenced in many of the APIs in OpenSocial
> > and because of this, core OpenSocial should include basic groups
> > support: ability to get a list of groups associated with a user. The
> > REST protocol already supports this, but support is missing in the
> > JavaScript, OSAPI and JSON-RPC protocol. This proposal fixes that
> > specification bug and brings the same level of group support that we
> > see in REST protocol to the rest of the APIs and protocols.
>
> > Proposal:
>
> >http://wiki.opensocial.org/index.php?title=Complete_existing_basic_gr...
>
> > Thanks,
> > Dave

luc

Oct 22, 2009, 12:58:04 PM10/22/09

On Oct 8, 11:57 am, Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just added the following 1.0 proposal to the wiki and to the spec
> changes page (http://wiki.opensocial.org/index.php?title=Spec_Changes).
> This is not really a new feature, it is really more of a specification
> bug fix that brings the JavaScript, OSAPI and JSON-RPC specifications
> in line with what we can do in the REST protocol.
>
> Synopsis:
>
> Groupsand group IDs are referenced in many of the APIs in OpenSocial
> and because of this, core OpenSocial should include basicgroups
> support: ability to get a list ofgroupsassociated with a user. The
> REST protocol already supports this, but support is missing in the
> JavaScript, OSAPI and JSON-RPC protocol. This proposal fixes that
> specification bug and brings the same level of group support that we
> see in REST protocol to the rest of the APIs and protocols.
>
> Proposal:
>
> http://wiki.opensocial.org/index.php?title=Complete_existing_basic_gr...
>
> Thanks,
> Dave

Dave

Dec 15, 2009, 4:15:19 PM12/15/09
to opensocial-an...@googlegroups.com
I just uploaded a patch that adds support for create, retrieve, update
and delete of Groups to the Social-Data, Social API Server and Social
Gadget specifications. Please the patch files here:

http://codereview.appspot.com/179060

The original groups proposal is here: