Proposal: Update requestShareApp and requestSendMessage to use IdSpec

Scott Seely

Oct 9, 2008, 4:11:33 PM10/9/08
to opensocial-an...@googlegroups.com

Both requestShareApp and requestSendMessage use Array.<String>, string recipients to identify who should receive a ShareApp or Message. To make this consistent with the rest of OpenSocial, we should make recipients be an IdSpec in both cases.

The documentation update would be:

requestShareApp

opensocial.IdSpec recipients - An IdSpec used to specify which people/groups to send the ShareApp request to.

requestSendMessage

opensocial.IdSpec recipients - An IdSpec used to specify which people/groups to send the message to.

Scott Seely

architect

email  sse...@myspace.com

Louis Ryan

Oct 9, 2008, 9:55:16 PM10/9/08
to opensocial-an...@googlegroups.com
One thing to note is that IdSpec only currently supports specifying one group. Not sure if anyone cares about sending to multiple groups at once.

Scott Seely

Oct 27, 2008, 3:59:35 PM10/27/08
to OpenSocial - OpenSocial and Gadgets Specification Discussion
1 +1 vote for this submission. Any other votes/concerns?
> > *email*  sse...@myspace.com

Ropu

Oct 28, 2008, 5:17:34 AM10/28/08
to opensocial-an...@googlegroups.com
+1
--
.-. --- .--. ..-
R  o  p  u

Eiji Kitamura

Oct 28, 2008, 7:14:08 AM10/28/08
to opensocial-an...@googlegroups.com
+1

Scott Seely

Oct 28, 2008, 12:23:15 PM10/28/08
to opensocial-an...@googlegroups.com
We are at 3 +1 votes.

Any detractors? Anyone want to help close this down?

Shishir Birmiwal

Oct 29, 2008, 12:09:08 AM10/29/08
to opensocial-an...@googlegroups.com
+1
--

Robert Benchley  - "The surest way to make a monkey of a man is to quote him."

Scott Seely

Nov 3, 2008, 12:42:23 PM11/3/08
to OpenSocial - OpenSocial and Gadgets Specification Discussion
We are at 4 +1 votes. Can we have a final +1 to close the thread down?

On Oct 28, 8:09 pm, "Shishir Birmiwal" <birmi...@google.com> wrote:
> +1
>

> On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 9:53 PM, Scott Seely <sSe...@myspace.com> wrote:
>
> > We are at 3 +1 votes.
>
> > Any detractors? Anyone want to help close this down?

Louis Ryan

Nov 3, 2008, 1:01:13 PM11/3/08
to opensocial-an...@googlegroups.com
+1

Scott Seely

Nov 3, 2008, 1:11:37 PM11/3/08
to opensocial-an...@googlegroups.com

Unless any -1 votes come along, I’m going to mark this proposal as accepted.

Scott Seely

Nov 3, 2008, 4:56:30 PM11/3/08
to opensocial-an...@googlegroups.com