trivial clarification of Spec on opensocial.getEnvironment().supportsField

Robert Evans

Aug 1, 2008, 3:26:15 AM8/1/08
to opensocial-an...@googlegroups.com
The spec states that when a container supports a field, this call
should return true. It does not state what it should return when it
does not. My expectation is that it would return false. I only ask
because the compliance gadget fails on some containers returning "not
implemented".

Should we state explicitly that it should return false?

Bob Evans

Dan Peterson

Aug 1, 2008, 4:16:32 AM8/1/08
to opensocial-an...@googlegroups.com
Bob,

Looks like you're talking about: http://www.opensocial.org/Technical-Resources/opensocial-spec-v08/opensocial-reference08#opensocial.Environment

"Returns true if the specified field is supported in this container on the given object type."

would turn into:

"Returns true if the specified field is supported in this container on the given object type, and returns false otherwise."

+1 from me.

-Dan

Cassie

Aug 1, 2008, 11:18:24 AM8/1/08
to opensocial-an...@googlegroups.com
+1

Scott Seely

Aug 1, 2008, 12:14:49 PM8/1/08
to opensocial-an...@googlegroups.com
+1

Maxwell Newbould

Aug 4, 2008, 12:11:54 PM8/4/08
to opensocial-an...@googlegroups.com

Cassie

Aug 12, 2008, 1:38:53 PM8/12/08
to opensocial-an...@googlegroups.com
As Chris noted that this has been approved here:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pPfuwC1QE-ss_uvVOIMrCTA

I have committed this small text change to the spec repository. It will be picked up for the opensocial js docs shortly.

- Cassie