Time representation in the response

Pedro Goncalves

May 27, 2010, 2:50:11 AM5/27/10
to opens...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

In a previous email we discussed the way to code time in the request and we concluded that the best solution was to use RFC3339 in the time:start and time:end parameters of the temporal extensions.

However we didn't yet reach consensus on how the date range describing the resource appears in the OpenSearch results, e.g. in the Atom or RSS response for the results.

The use case here is an entry that refers to event or resource that had a specific time range (different from the published and updated)

For example a satellite image that has data with a specific start and end time, a even that start and ends ... and so on

The strong majority of our use cases have a location and temporal dimensions and while the space can be solved with georss I didn't find any equivalent to the time

Is there any recommendation, best practise, ideas or examples on how to describe the date *range* of an resource in an atom response

all the best

pedro

Oscar Fonts

May 27, 2010, 3:39:31 AM5/27/10
to opens...@googlegroups.com
Pedro,

I'n not an expert, but I would take a look to RFC5545 (iCalendar), and
its proposed XML representation (xCal - IETF draft[1]).

[1] http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-daboo-et-al-icalendar-in-xml-04.txt

Oscar.