ietf

Ed Summers

Nov 26, 2007, 9:32:17 PM11/26/07
to opens...@googlegroups.com
I saw a bit ago that the IETF was considered as a venue for putting
OpenSearch through a more rigorous standardization process. Is this
still on the table?

//Ed

DeWitt Clinton

Nov 27, 2007, 10:44:48 AM11/27/07
to opens...@googlegroups.com
Definitely. I've long wanted to take OpenSearch the standards route
and the IETF is my personal preference as the place to present it for
comment. James Snell and Joe Gregorio, both veterans of the IETF
process, have offered to help.

As always, the gating factor is time, but also that I'm waiting to see
how the draft for the URI template spec shakes out, as it is something
we'd want to use in a standards track version of OpenSearch.

http://bitworking.org/projects/URI-Templates/draft-gregorio-uritemplate-02.html

In the meantime why don't we start compiling a document about what
we'd like to see change, and what we'd like to see stay the same, with
the next iteration of OpenSearch.

http://www.opensearch.org/Community/OpenSearch_2_wishlist

Please feel free to add to and reorganize that document as you see fit.

-DeWitt