FOSS4G 2010 - Breakout Session

1 view

Mauricio Miranda

Aug 30, 2010, 1:18:48 PM8/30/10
to openscales-dev
Hi everybody,

I added a proposal to the breakout sessions about Flex Mapping [1]. If you're coming to Barcelona, please add your name there to join the discussion about OpenScales and other alternatives to HTML mapping.

Cheers!

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2010_Breakout_Sessions#Flex_Mapping_.28Alternatives_to_HTML.29

--
Mauricio Miranda
Chief Development Officer

Bouiaw

Sep 7, 2010, 10:44:23 AM9/7/10
to openscales-dev
Flex mapping breakout session is scheduled today (tuesday) in room3
between 18:00 and 19:00.
Update this page if you plan to come : http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2010_Breakout_Sessions

On 30 août, 19:18, Mauricio Miranda <mmira...@xoomcode.com> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I added a proposal to the breakout sessions about Flex Mapping [1]. If you're coming to Barcelona, please add your name there to join the discussion about OpenScales and other alternatives to HTML mapping.
>
> Cheers!
>
> [1]http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2010_Breakout_Sessions#Flex_Mapping...

David Jonglez

Sep 10, 2010, 3:23:52 AM9/10/10
to openscales-dev
Here a small feed back of the FOSS4G BOF - I'll post it in OSGeo Wiki
Page here : http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2010_Breakout_Sessions#Flex_Mapping_.28Alternatives_to_HTML.29
- Must be completed

Attendees (To be completed) :
- Sébastien ( ATOS) - OpenScales core developer
- Simon (ATOS) - OpenScales core developer
- Claude Philipona (Camptocamp)
- Eric Lemoine (Camptocamp) - OL core developer
- David Jonglez (Capgemini)
- Vincent Heurteau (Geomatys) - GeoAPI core developer
- Sebastian (Xoomcode)
- Mauricio (Xoomcode)
- XYZ (Xoomcode)
- Javier

Disscussions :
- Sébastien presented us the 1.2 and 2.0 OpenScales RoadMaps. Lots of
interesting stuff : 3D, Mobile, ...
- David presented a prototype of Flash/Flex Mapping API build on the
basis of asGeoAPI (Didier Richard work), OpenScales and Openzoom.
- David and Sebastian exposed their wish to put the project under
incubation within OSGeo process.
- Sébastien agreed with the idea to open the gouvernance (on a
meritocracy basis) but he should ask his boss first
- David asked if OpenLayers community could coach OpenScales community
in this incubation process in order to manage the interest of the
different competitors around the table.
- David propose to share Capgemini prototype as soon as ATOS confirms
its wish to initiate the OSGeo incubation process and to open the
governance of the project.

Decisions :
I notice 2 decisions :
- First, Sebastien have to come back with the decision of his
hierarchy to inform the community of t
- Second, asking OpenLayers community to coach OpenScales in the OSGeo
incubation

Regards,

David

Simon Lopez

Sep 10, 2010, 6:35:31 AM9/10/10
to opensca...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
just some more details about people who came to the breakout session:

S�bastien Deleuze (Bouiaw) (Atos Worldline)
Simon (me) (Atos Worldline)
Mauricio Miranda (Xoomcode)
Javier de la Torre (Vizzuality, www.vizzuality.com)

I'll do not make any comment on the content of the breakout session, I'm
in hollyday now and barcelona is a city full of surprise so I have to go :)

I just want to thank all bof attendees and people who came to the
OpenScales' conference.

Regards,
Simon L.

Le 10/09/2010 09:23, David Jonglez a �crit :

> Here a small feed back of the FOSS4G BOF - I'll post it in OSGeo Wiki
> Page here : http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2010_Breakout_Sessions#Flex_Mapping_.28Alternatives_to_HTML.29
> - Must be completed
>
> Attendees (To be completed) :

> - S�bastien ( ATOS) - OpenScales core developer

> - Simon (ATOS) - OpenScales core developer
> - Claude Philipona (Camptocamp)
> - Eric Lemoine (Camptocamp) - OL core developer
> - David Jonglez (Capgemini)
> - Vincent Heurteau (Geomatys) - GeoAPI core developer
> - Sebastian (Xoomcode)
> - Mauricio (Xoomcode)
> - XYZ (Xoomcode)
> - Javier
>
> Disscussions :

> - S�bastien presented us the 1.2 and 2.0 OpenScales RoadMaps. Lots of

> interesting stuff : 3D, Mobile, ...
> - David presented a prototype of Flash/Flex Mapping API build on the
> basis of asGeoAPI (Didier Richard work), OpenScales and Openzoom.
> - David and Sebastian exposed their wish to put the project under
> incubation within OSGeo process.

> - S�bastien agreed with the idea to open the gouvernance (on a

Bouiaw

Sep 10, 2010, 9:33:20 AM9/10/10
to openscales-dev
Hi,

I confirm that we think making OpenScales an OSgeo project could be a
very good thing for the project, and that we plan to open some
discussion with the community and OSGeo about that. Some other people/
organization may be also interested in, so we will take the time to
get all wishes from the community, identify all impacts and rules that
it implies based on http://www.osgeo.org/incubator/ and feedback from
community, find the right mentor that is intersted by helping us in
such process, and define gouvernance rules.

We are currently really busy (OpenScales 1.2, new reference
documentation, new website), so we will focus on this during next few
weeks. After that, we will actively discuss with the community and
OSGeo about the incubation process.

Regards,
Sébastien Deleuze

On 10 sep, 12:35, Simon Lopez <simon.lo...@ayolo.org> wrote:
>   Hi,
> just some more details about people who came to the breakout session:
>
> S bastien Deleuze (Bouiaw) (Atos Worldline)
> Simon (me) (Atos Worldline)
> Mauricio Miranda (Xoomcode)
> Javier de la Torre (Vizzuality,www.vizzuality.com)
>
> I'll do not make any comment on the content of the breakout session, I'm
> in hollyday now and barcelona is a city full of surprise so I have to go :)
>
> I just want to thank all bof attendees and people who came to the
> OpenScales' conference.
>
> Regards,
> Simon L.
>
> Le 10/09/2010 09:23, David Jonglez a crit :
>
> > Here a small feed back of the FOSS4G BOF - I'll post it in OSGeo Wiki
> > Page here :http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2010_Breakout_Sessions#Flex_Mapping...

Bouiaw

Sep 13, 2010, 7:48:32 AM9/13/10
to openscales-dev
FOSS4G presentation slides are available at
http://www.slideshare.net/sdeleuze/openscales-foss4g-2010-presentation

On 10 sep, 15:33, Bouiaw <bou...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I confirm that we think making OpenScales an OSgeo project could be a
> very good thing for the project, and that we plan to open some
> discussion with the community and OSGeo about that. Some other people/
> organization may be also interested in, so we will take the time to
> get all wishes from the community, identify all impacts and rules that
> it implies based onhttp://www.osgeo.org/incubator/and feedback from

Bouiaw

Sep 13, 2010, 10:49:24 AM9/13/10
to openscales-dev
Videos of OpenScales 3D prototypes are available at :
http://openscales.org/downloads/video1-foss4g2010.html
http://openscales.org/downloads/video2-foss4g2010.html

On 13 sep, 13:48, Bouiaw <bou...@gmail.com> wrote:
> FOSS4G presentation slides are available athttp://www.slideshare.net/sdeleuze/openscales-foss4g-2010-presentation
>
> On 10 sep, 15:33, Bouiaw <bou...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
>
> > I confirm that we think making OpenScales an OSgeo project could be a
> > very good thing for the project, and that we plan to open some
> > discussion with the community and OSGeo about that. Some other people/
> > organization may be also interested in, so we will take the time to
> > get all wishes from the community, identify all impacts and rules that
> > it implies based onhttp://www.osgeo.org/incubator/andfeedback from

Andrew Ayre

Sep 13, 2010, 11:41:48 AM9/13/10
to opensca...@googlegroups.com
I love the second one! Where do we get the code from to try it?

thanks, Andy

Bouiaw wrote:
> Videos of OpenScales 3D prototypes are available at :
> http://openscales.org/downloads/video1-foss4g2010.html
> http://openscales.org/downloads/video2-foss4g2010.html

--
Andy