Catching Exceptions

Marshall Lucas

May 24, 2013, 12:12:36 PM5/24/13
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Is there a way to catch "any" exception that gets thrown and then process it accordingly?  Sort of a way to catch the exception regardless of what it is and do something generic with it rather than the program just blow up.

Thanks,

Marshall

Martin Phillips

May 28, 2013, 4:10:12 AM5/28/13
to ope...@googlegroups.com

Hi Marshall,

Apologies for the delayed reply. Yesterday was a holiday in the UK.

There is currently no way to catch exceptions that do not have specific handlers, however, this is one of the things that should fall out of some work we are currently doing to allow aborts to be caught as exceptions.

Martin

Dick Thiot

May 28, 2013, 8:07:40 AM5/28/13
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Martin,

What holiday was celebrated in the UK yesterday?  We had Memorial Day over here where we honor our military veterans, especially those that have died serving.

Dick

Martin Phillips

May 28, 2013, 9:27:27 AM5/28/13
to ope...@googlegroups.com

Hi Dick,

It was the “Late Spring Holiday”. I don’t think it celebrates anything in particular but it is three weeks since the last holiday!!!

In the past, we used to have a Whitsun holiday but the Late Spring Holiday replaced this from 1971 and is always the last Monday of May.

Martin

Marshall Lucas

May 28, 2013, 10:35:07 AM5/28/13
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Sound really cool.  Can't wait to see it in action.  There seem to be great things afoot for QM.

Marshall