OPDS Validator

Benoît Larroque

Jul 28, 2011, 11:20:37 AM7/28/11
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

We have been speaking for a long time about creating a validator for OPDS.
We already have a working RelaxNG grammar for the standard (v1.0 and
1.1). So basic syntax/grammar validation was just a use of jing away.
However jing is not a very well know tool, and I have yet to hear
about anyone who has actually been using it so far (for OPDS
validation)...

In order to simplify the validation process, I have specialized jing
to only handle OPDS files. So we now have validator command line
program.
The project, written in java, is hosted on github :
https://github.com/zetaben/opds-validator

To get it even less obtrusive, I'm also working on a web validator,
stay tuned (my first prototype is already working).

Happy validation.

Best regards,

Benoit Larroque
Feedbooks R&D engineer

Hadrien Gardeur

Jul 29, 2011, 1:02:43 PM7/29/11
to ope...@googlegroups.com
That's an important first step towards a full online validation tool for OPDS 1.0/1.1 !

We'll need to extract all the MUST/MUST NOT/SHOULD/SHOULD NOT from the spec to make sure that things that we can't cover with the Relax NG are also checked and reported.

Hadrien

Marin Dacos

Aug 3, 2011, 4:15:01 AM8/3/11
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations for this impresive work!
Marin
Center for open electronic publishing
Director

Marin Dacos
Directeur - Centre pour l'édition électronique ouverte
Director - Centre for Open Electronic Publishing

OpenEdition Freemium, l'avenir du libre accès - http://www.openedition.org/8873
OpenEdition Freemium is the future of Open Access - http://www.openedition.org

Alertes et abonnements sur nos trois plateformes : http://search.openedition.org/indexalert.php?&a=description

CNRS - EHESS - Université de Provence - Université d'Avignon
3, place Victor Hugo, Case n°86, 13331 Marseille Cedex 3
Tél : 04 13 55 03 40 Tél. direct : 04 13 55 03 39 Fax : 04 13 55 03 41
Skype : marin.dacos - Gmail video chat : marin...@gmail.com
Twitter : @marind

marin...@revues.org