OpenNI on Windows XP embedded

devnull

Jul 27, 2011, 10:32:31 AM7/27/11
to OpenNI
Hello there,

I am trying to install OpenNI on a machine which is running Windows XP
embedded.

Sadly, if I start any of the demos I get the following error Message:

"Open failed: Xiron OS failed to create a mutex!"

Could this be a xp embedded specific problem?
Has anyone else had this problem or installed OpenNI successfully on
windows xp embedded?

I haven't found anything about it so far.

Greetings,
Mario

devnull

Jul 27, 2011, 10:57:00 AM7/27/11
to OpenNI
Ok,
i got this issue resolved.

All I did was switching the stable build:
"OpenNI Stable Build for Windows x86 (32-bit) v1.3.2.1"

with the unstable one:
"OpenNI Unstable Build for Windows x86 (32-bit) v1.3.2.3"

Hubertus

Jul 27, 2011, 6:08:37 PM7/27/11
to OpenNI
Thanks Mario,

had the same problem and installing the
"OpenNI Unstable Build for Windows x86 (32-bit) v1.3.2.3 Development
Edition"
solved it for me too:

"wwdasassswwwawawawawawawwww"

regards

Alex

Jul 28, 2011, 12:43:20 PM7/28/11
to OpenNI
Same here always got: "Open failed: Xiron OS failed to create a
mutex!",
latest stable with latest avin2 not working,
latest unstable with latest avin2 working fine!