New SensorKinect v0.5 (by avin) for Windows, Linux & MacOSX

avin

Apr 15, 2011, 7:21:29 PM4/15/11
to OpenNI
I've just finished updating the git repository with the new
version :-)

You can find it in:
https://github.com/avin2/SensorKinect

The bin directory has installers for Windows, Linux & MacOSX.

Make sure to uninstall the old versions to avoid troubles...

Please also note that there was an update to the XML & INI files.
In the new version everything is fully automatic and you don't even
have to specify the resolution anymore.
The driver will automatically detect the hardware and set the right
resolution (which is VGA for the kinect).
So don't forget to update your XML files to the new format (You can
find an example here: https://github.com/avin2/SensorKinect/blob/unstable/OpenNI/Data/SamplesConfig.xml)

Enjoy!

avin.

Iker Saint

Apr 15, 2011, 8:07:30 PM4/15/11
to OpenNI
Grea update, thanks a lot!!!.

Best Regards.
> find an example here:https://github.com/avin2/SensorKinect/blob/unstable/OpenNI/Data/Sampl...)
>
> Enjoy!
>
> avin.

Salem Sayed

Apr 15, 2011, 8:09:24 PM4/15/11
to openn...@googlegroups.com, Iker Saint
Great work, Thanks
I should uninstall the older version of SensorKinect and OpenNI/PrimeSense then install them all again, right ?

> Enjoy!
>
> avin.

Shigeki Ohtsu

Apr 15, 2011, 9:17:38 PM4/15/11
to openn...@googlegroups.com
avin,

Thanks for your great work! I've just found that it works very well
on my Windows
and Kinect.

After installation it seems that the PrimeSense Kinect drivers (camera
and motor)
are not updated automatically which were still v 3.1.0.4 so I
updated them into
3.1.2.0 from the driver folder by manual

Again, I really appreciate your quick release since we no longer wait
for and worry
about the release of MS SDK.

Yeouf Tan

Apr 16, 2011, 4:21:46 AM4/16/11
to OpenNI
Helo, Avin,Really Thanks to you .

I have a problem here, i m using window 64 bit. i have problem while
installing,

i downloaded

~OpenNI Unstable Build for Windows x64 (64-bit) v1.1.0.39 Development
Edition
~ New SensorKinect v0.5 (by avin)
and i follow ur instruction as bellow

0)uninstall all previous openni, primesensor, driver.
1) Install unstable OpenNI (http://www.openni.org/downloadfiles/openni-
binaries/20-latest-unstable)
2) Install Sensor (this version...)[ New SensorKinect v0.5 (by avin)]

during step two i get an error keep ask me install openni 1.1.0.39
version or higher.

pls guide me for window 64 bits, thanks

Mohd Kufaisal Mohd Sidik

Apr 16, 2011, 5:18:14 AM4/16/11
to openn...@googlegroups.com
Thanks avin.. :)

Paweł Królikowski

Apr 16, 2011, 5:23:14 AM4/16/11
to openn...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!

I've got a stupid question though .. how to uninstall old drivers under Linux? 0_o

avin

Apr 16, 2011, 5:49:12 AM4/16/11
to OpenNI
Hi Yeouf!

Please install the 32-bit version of OpenNI & NITE.

The 64-bit version is only useful for native 64-bit application which
is not that common really.

Next week I will also compile a 64-bit version of SensorKinect but for
now please use 32-bit.

avin.

Yeouf Tan

Apr 16, 2011, 6:25:01 AM4/16/11
to OpenNI
Avin, Thanks i have successfully install 32-bits
Avin, you are so Great , thank you, support u ^.^

Yeouf Tan

Apr 16, 2011, 6:26:17 AM4/16/11
to OpenNI

MDRAM

Apr 16, 2011, 5:56:00 PM4/16/11
to OpenNI
nice piece avin, thank you very much, waitin for 64 bit support ;)

On 16 Apr, 12:26, Yeouf Tan <yungfu...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> not sure this one work for u?
> try see both link below
>
>  http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=425442http://www.overclock.net/linux-unix/442832-how-can-i-remove-drivers-u...

Mauricio Henriquez

Apr 16, 2011, 7:39:33 PM4/16/11
to openn...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys:

Little help here please!!

Trying to run the ./Sample-NiUserTracker included in OpenNI on my
linux Fedora12 machine I get:

Find user generator failed: Can't create any node of the requested
type!

I'm using the last unstable branch of OpenNI with last avin2 drivers and also try with the last stable version of each one, all .xml files seems to be fine and I put on they the NITE free public licence key just in case, modules.xml also
seems ok. But no matter what, alwways same issue, so it have to be something on my system/config!!!

Weird thing is that the RGBDemo UserTracker sample works, but they
statically link they binaries to they own OpenNI, NITE and avin2
version libs and they don't use the system installed ones.

Any ideas how to solve this?, I read some posts about this issue, I
apply what they mention (mostly the licence thing and the resolution
value on those files), but the issue persist.

Please guys, any help would be appreciated, I don't want to go to ubuntu to use my kinect and I need to run the UserTraker from OpenNI not the one from RGBDemo....

Thanks!

Mauricio

--
Mauricio R. Henriquez Schott
Escuela de Ingenier�a en Computaci�n

buhochileno.vcf

Vangos Pterneas

Apr 17, 2011, 10:07:00 AM4/17/11
to OpenNI
Hi avin,

Thank you for your work. Are you sure that the current driver works
with 64-bit Windows? I installed OpenNI unstable (32-bit version as
you proposed) and then installed your driver.

I try to run the samples, but I get an error indicating that
OpenNI.dll is missing.

I also installed middleware and hardware binaries, but nothing
changed.

Thank you in advance.

deriglazov

Apr 17, 2011, 11:36:49 AM4/17/11
to OpenNI, avin...@gmail.com, yung...@yahoo.com
Hello, avin. Thanks for your work.

I do some changes to redist.py to create installer for x64. I never
use python before and I not sure that my changes enough for full x64
support but it work. Maybe it can be useful for your work.

So, I'm use python 3.1.3.amd64, OpenNI-Win64-1.1.0.39-Dev-Unstable,
VS2008 and VS2010.

---

# This code is mod of initial redist.py created by avin...@gmail.com

# Python version: 3.1.3.amd64
# Platform: Windows 7 x64
# OpenNI: OpenNI-Win64-1.1.0.39-Dev-Unstable
# VS: VS2008 and VS2010

# Code was modificate to automate creating redist for x64 version of
Win platform because initial version isn't work correctly. You can
change env "vc_build_bits", "VC_version" and VS_INST_DIR_09
(VS_INST_DIR_10) to build installer for your platform.
# derig...@gmail.com
# 2011-04-17

#
import os
import sys
import shutil
import win32con, pywintypes
import re
import subprocess
from xml.dom.minidom import parse, parseString

###

vc_build_bits = 64 # or 32
VC_version = 10 # or 9
VS_INST_DIR_09 = "c:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\
\Common7\\IDE\\"
VS_INST_DIR_10 = "c:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio
10.0\\Common7\\IDE\\"

###

ROOT_DIR = os.path.abspath(os.path.dirname(sys.argv[0]))
REDIST_DIR = os.path.join(ROOT_DIR, "..", "Redist")
OUTPUT_DIR = os.path.join(ROOT_DIR, "Output")
SCRIPT_DIR = os.getcwd()

print("work dir of redist.py:")
print (SCRIPT_DIR)

def finish_script(exit_code):
os.chdir(SCRIPT_DIR)
#logging.shutdown()
exit(exit_code)

def regx_replace(findStr,repStr,filePath):
"replaces all findStr by repStr in file filePath using regualr
expression"
findStrRegx = re.compile(findStr)
tempName=filePath+'~~~'
input = open(filePath)
output = open(tempName,'w')
for s in input:
output.write(findStrRegx.sub(repStr,s))
output.close()
input.close()
os.remove(filePath)
os.rename(tempName,filePath)

# remove output dir
if os.path.exists(REDIST_DIR):
os.system("rmdir /S /Q \"" + REDIST_DIR + "\"")
if os.path.exists(OUTPUT_DIR):
os.system("rmdir /S /Q \"" + OUTPUT_DIR + "\"")
os.mkdir(REDIST_DIR)
os.mkdir(OUTPUT_DIR)

# build
print("Building...")

os.chdir(os.path.join(ROOT_DIR, "..", "Build"))

#
VS_NEED_UPGRADE = 0
VS_INST_DIR = VS_INST_DIR_09

if VC_version == 10:
VS_NEED_UPGRADE = 1
VS_INST_DIR = VS_INST_DIR_10

if VS_NEED_UPGRADE == 1:
res = subprocess.call("\"" + VS_INST_DIR + "devenv\" " +
"Engine.sln" + " /upgrade /out " + SCRIPT_DIR + "\\Output\
\build.log",close_fds=True)
if res != 0:
raise Exception("build failed!")

# check version
if vc_build_bits == 32:
ACTIVE_CONFIG = "win32"
elif vc_build_bits==64:
ACTIVE_CONFIG = "x64"

res = subprocess.call("\"" + VS_INST_DIR + "devenv\" Engine.sln /build
\"Release|"+ACTIVE_CONFIG+"\" /out " + SCRIPT_DIR + "\\Output\
\build.log",close_fds=True)
if res != 0:
raise Exception("build failed!")
os.chdir(SCRIPT_DIR)

print("Copying into redist folder...")

# check version
if vc_build_bits == 32:
VERSION_DIR = "Bin"
elif vc_build_bits==64:
VERSION_DIR = "Bin64"

# create folder structure
os.mkdir(os.path.join(REDIST_DIR, VERSION_DIR))
os.mkdir(os.path.join(REDIST_DIR, "Data"))
os.mkdir(os.path.join(REDIST_DIR, "Driver"))
os.mkdir(os.path.join(REDIST_DIR, "Driver", "amd64"))
os.mkdir(os.path.join(REDIST_DIR, "Driver", "x86"))

# copy EPL
shutil.copy(os.path.join(ROOT_DIR, "..", "..", "..", "GPL.txt"),
REDIST_DIR)
shutil.copy(os.path.join(ROOT_DIR, "..", "..", "..", "GPL.txt"),
OUTPUT_DIR)
shutil.copy(os.path.join(ROOT_DIR, "..", "..", "..", "LGPL.txt"),
REDIST_DIR)
shutil.copy(os.path.join(ROOT_DIR, "..", "..", "..", "LGPL.txt"),
OUTPUT_DIR)

# copy binaries
RELEASE_DIR = os.path.join(ROOT_DIR, "..", VERSION_DIR, "Release")

for file in os.listdir(RELEASE_DIR):
if os.path.splitext(file)[1] in [".dll", ".exe"]:
shutil.copy(os.path.join(RELEASE_DIR, file),
os.path.join(REDIST_DIR, VERSION_DIR))

# copy data
DATA_DIR = os.path.join(ROOT_DIR, "..", "..", "..", "Data")
for file in os.listdir(DATA_DIR):
shutil.copy(os.path.join(DATA_DIR, file), os.path.join(REDIST_DIR,
"Data"))

# copy driver
DRIVER_DIR = os.path.join(ROOT_DIR, "..", "Driver")
for file in os.listdir(DRIVER_DIR):
try:
shutil.copy(os.path.join(DRIVER_DIR, file), os.path.join(REDIST_DIR,
"Driver"))
except IOError:
pass

DRIVER_DIRX86 = os.path.join(ROOT_DIR, "..", "Driver", "x86")
for file in os.listdir(DRIVER_DIRX86):
shutil.copy(os.path.join(DRIVER_DIRX86, file),
os.path.join(REDIST_DIR, "Driver", "x86"))

DRIVER_DIRAMD64 = os.path.join(ROOT_DIR, "..", "Driver", "amd64")
for file in os.listdir(DRIVER_DIRAMD64):
shutil.copy(os.path.join(DRIVER_DIRAMD64, file),
os.path.join(REDIST_DIR, "Driver", "amd64"))

# create installer
print("Creating installer...")
os.chdir(SCRIPT_DIR + "\\EE_NI")
#print "* move XnLeanDeviceSensorV2.dll"
#os.system("move /Y " + WORK_DIR + "\\Platform\\Win32\\Bin\
\XnLeanDeviceSensorV2.dll \\Platform\\Win32\\Bin\
\XnDeviceSensorV2.dll")

print ("* Set BinaryOnlyRedist=True")
os.system("attrib -r Includes\\EENIVariables.wxi")
regx_replace("BinaryOnlyRedist=(.*)", "BinaryOnlyRedist=True?>",
"Includes\\EENIVariables.wxi")

logFilename = "BuildEngine"

print ("* Build EE_NI.wixproj")

if VS_NEED_UPGRADE == 1:
res = subprocess.call("\""+VS_INST_DIR + "devenv\" EE_NI.sln /
upgrade /out " + SCRIPT_DIR + "\\Output\\" + logFilename +
".txt",close_fds=True)
if res != 0:
raise Exception("Failed upgrade installer!")

# check version
if vc_build_bits == 32:
ACTIVE_CONFIG = "x86"
elif vc_build_bits==64:
ACTIVE_CONFIG = "x64"

res = subprocess.call("\""+VS_INST_DIR + "devenv\" EE_NI.wixproj /
build \"release|"+ACTIVE_CONFIG+""\
+"\" /out "+SCRIPT_DIR+"\\Output\\" + logFilename +
".txt",close_fds=True)

if res != 0:
raise Exception("Failed creating installer!")

currDir = os.getcwd()
print (currDir)
moveCmd = "move bin\\Release\\en-US\\EE_NI.msi " + SCRIPT_DIR + "\
\Output\\Sensor-Win-OpenSource" + "-" + str(vc_build_bits) + "bit.msi"
print (moveCmd + "...")
os.system(moveCmd)

print("Done.")
finish_script(0)

Baptiste

Apr 18, 2011, 5:54:23 AM4/18/11
to OpenNI
Hi,

Thank you very much for your work.

I have a little problem too: (I'm using Windows x64)

0) I uninstall all previous versions of OpenNI, NITE, drivers.
1) I install last unstable version of OpenNI (32bit version as you
suggest)
2) I install your new SensorKinect.

But during the set up, I get an error:

Output folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Prime Sense\Sensor\SampleXMLs
Execute: "C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenNI\\Bin\niReg.exe" "C:\Program
Files (x86)\Prime Sense\Sensor\Bin\XnDeviceFile.dll"
Installation Failed! Could not register module with OpenNI!

According this topic : https://groups.google.com/group/openni-dev/msg/a79200be18d727f2
I check my administrator permission, I turn off UAC, and reboot, but I
get still the same problem.

Any idea where does my problem come from?

Thank you in advance

Best regards
Baptiste.

On 16 avr, 01:21, avin <avinb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've just finished updating the git repository with thenew
> version :-)
>
> You can find it in:https://github.com/avin2/SensorKinect
>
> The bin directory has installers for Windows, Linux & MacOSX.
>
> Make sure to uninstall the old versions to avoid troubles...
>
> Please also note that there was an update to the XML & INI files.
> In thenewversion everything is fully automatic and you don't even
> have to specify the resolution anymore.
> Thedriverwill automatically detect the hardware and set the right
> resolution (which is VGA for the kinect).
> So don't forget to update your XML files to thenewformat (You can
> find an example here:https://github.com/avin2/SensorKinect/blob/unstable/OpenNI/Data/Sampl...)
>
> Enjoy!
>
> avin.

Siyfion

Apr 18, 2011, 5:56:02 AM4/18/11
to OpenNI
Try right clicking on the installation *.exe and click on "Run as
administrator", see if that helps.

Siyfion

Baptiste

Apr 18, 2011, 6:28:33 AM4/18/11
to OpenNI
Hi Siyfion,

Thank you for your idea, I have just tried it, but unfortunately it
doesn't change anything.

Cheers,
Baptiste

Дериглазов Сергей

Apr 18, 2011, 6:35:36 AM4/18/11
to openn...@googlegroups.com
Try to remove this folder manually before setup "c:\Program Files (x86)\OpenNI\Data\" and check this file "modules.xml" maybe it has another structure or read-only.

--
Sergey Deriglazov
derig...@gmail.com

Taigo Bonanni

Apr 18, 2011, 8:21:44 AM4/18/11
to openn...@googlegroups.com
Guys, I'd like to ask you all a clarification about the driver to use for
the Kinect, because I found also this: https://github.com/boilerbots/Sensor
Is this similar to Avin's one? Which is the best to use?
Thank you all and sorry if this is not the proper thread to post in.

Regards,
Taigo

Baptiste

Apr 18, 2011, 8:23:30 AM4/18/11
to OpenNI
Hi Sergey,

Thank you for helping, I did what you suggest but I always get the
same error message.

I also tried to update my SampleConfig.xml with the avin's one before
the setup, but still the same problem.

Cheers,
Baptiste

On 18 avr, 12:35, Дериглазов Сергей <derigla...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Try to remove this folder manually before setup "c:\Program Files
> (x86)\OpenNI\Data\" and check this file "modules.xml" maybe it has another
> structure or read-only.
>
> --
> Sergey Deriglazov
> derigla...@gmail.com

Siyfion

Apr 18, 2011, 8:38:07 AM4/18/11
to OpenNI
boilerbots sensor driver was a quick hack as a proof of concept,
Avin's is much more complete and has been used / tested by the
community to a much greater extent, as such I'd use Avin's!

Siyfion

On Apr 18, 1:21 pm, Taigo Bonanni <unchained....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Guys, I'd like to ask you all a clarification about the driver to use for
> the Kinect, because I found also this:https://github.com/boilerbots/Sensor
> Is this similar to Avin's one? Which is the best to use?
> Thank you all and sorry if this is not the proper thread to post in.
>
> Regards,
> Taigo
>
> 2011/4/18 Дериглазов Сергей <derigla...@gmail.com>
>
> > Try to remove this folder manually before setup "c:\Program Files
> > (x86)\OpenNI\Data\" and check this file "modules.xml" maybe it has another
> > structure or read-only.
>
> > --
> > Sergey Deriglazov
> > derigla...@gmail.com

Baptiste

Apr 18, 2011, 8:45:13 AM4/18/11
to OpenNI
Hi it's me again, (sorry for the spam)

Just to inform you, I solved my problem:

I download again alvin's folder with another browser, and it's works.
I think my first download was corrupted, but it's weird that I didn't
get any warning.

Anyway I'm happy it's works :)

Thank you all.

Cheers,
Baptiste

On 18 avr, 14:23, Baptiste <baptiste.chevas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Sergey,
>
> Thank you for helping, I did what you suggest but I always get the
> same error message.
>
> I also tried to update my SampleConfig.xml with the avin's one before
> the setup, but still the same problem.
>
> Cheers,
> Baptiste

Дериглазов Сергей

Apr 18, 2011, 8:48:02 AM4/18/11
to openn...@googlegroups.com
So. Use avin's driver (x86 version). This one (https://github.com/boilerbots/Sensor) was last updated December 09, 2010
--
Sergey Deriglazov
ser...@deriglazov.net

Taigo Bonanni

Apr 18, 2011, 8:56:50 AM4/18/11
to openn...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the suggestions and the quick reply. I'll go with Avin's one :)

AMB

Apr 18, 2011, 3:28:18 PM4/18/11
to OpenNI
Hey avin-

Any chance you could do another update? It's up to v1.1.0.41 now in
the unstable branch and luckly I still had the .39 version installed.
When you get a chance.

Geez,
AMB

----

On Apr 15, 6:21 pm, avin <avinb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> find an example here:https://github.com/avin2/SensorKinect/blob/unstable/OpenNI/Data/Sampl...)
>
> Enjoy!
>
> avin.

MichaelK

Apr 18, 2011, 4:16:13 PM4/18/11
to OpenNI
NITE and OpenNI has been updated - but not the sensor driver;)

Дериглазов Сергей

Apr 18, 2011, 4:27:50 PM4/18/11
to openn...@googlegroups.com
OpenNI 1.1.0.41 + NITE 1.1.3.5 + Avin's last drivers (for 1.1.0.39) work correctly.

--
Сергей Дериглазов
derig...@gmail.com

AMB

Apr 18, 2011, 5:29:08 PM4/18/11
to OpenNI
On the Mac, it's causing it to freeze a lot with v1.1.0.41. -AMB

---

On Apr 18, 3:27 pm, Дериглазов Сергей <derigla...@gmail.com> wrote:
> OpenNI 1.1.0.41 + NITE 1.1.3.5 + Avin's last drivers (for 1.1.0.39) work
> correctly.
>
> --
> Сергей Дериглазов
> derigla...@gmail.com

Yeouf Tan

Apr 20, 2011, 5:32:16 AM4/20/11
to OpenNI
Installation Video guide updated https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDuGfAV6hDc

Vangos Pterneas

Apr 20, 2011, 4:18:57 PM4/20/11
to OpenNI
Your guide (along with some screenshots) is copied from my blog post:
http://www.studentguru.gr/blogs/vangos/archive/2011/01/20/how-to-successfully-install-kinect-windows-openni-nite.aspx

Please mention the original source inside your Word document.

On Apr 20, 12:32 pm, Yeouf Tan <yungfu...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Installation Video guide updatedhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDuGfAV6hDc

Jacob

Apr 26, 2011, 11:03:33 AM4/26/11
to OpenNI
Avin,
Any news on the 64 bit Windows build for the Sensor Kinect?
Has anyone been able to build an installer for the 64-bit version of
the driver yet?

Thanks

On Apr 16, 3:49 am, avin <avinb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Yeouf!
>
> Please install the 32-bitversion of OpenNI & NITE.
>
> The64-bitversion is only useful for native64-bitapplication which
> is not that common really.
>
> Next week I will also compile a64-bitversion of SensorKinect but for
> now please use 32-bit.
>
> avin.
>
> On Apr 16, 11:21 am, Yeouf Tan <yungfu...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > Helo, Avin,Really Thanks to you .
>
> > I have a problem here, i m using window64bit. i have problem while
> > installing,
>
> > i downloaded
>
> > ~OpenNI Unstable Build forWindowsx64 (64-bit) v1.1.0.39 Development
> > Edition
> > ~ New SensorKinect v0.5 (by avin)
> >  and i follow ur instruction as bellow
>
> > 0)uninstall all previous openni, primesensor, driver.
> > 1) Install unstable OpenNI (http://www.openni.org/downloadfiles/openni-
> > binaries/20-latest-unstable)
> > 2) Install Sensor (this version...)[ New SensorKinect v0.5 (by avin)]
>
> > during step two i get an error keep ask me install openni 1.1.0.39
> > version or higher.
>
> > pls guide me for window64bits, thanks- Hide quoted text -

Dexter

Apr 27, 2011, 4:18:09 AM4/27/11
to OpenNI
Hi Jacob,

I built the 64 bit version of the avin2 driver but it isn't working
very good:
NITE skeleton data are not reported correctly.

Alessio
Message has been deleted

m17

May 21, 2011, 5:03:55 PM5/21/11
to OpenNI
Is there any x64 build already? I'm using fornative64-bit 3d program,
x86 driver not work for me.