Are Depth-Image and RGB Image properly aligned and rectified for Kinect with OpenNI

Tim Fischer

Dec 15, 2010, 12:03:31 PM12/15/10
to OpenNI
Hi there,

I was using other drivers before and found that the RGB Cam was not
well aligned / rectified with the Depth Image.
Is that correction already build into your middle ware layer? If not
what do you suggest to do this in an open (Any Device) supported way?

Thanks

Tim

Moshe Blitz

Dec 15, 2010, 12:21:34 PM12/15/10
to openn...@googlegroups.com, OpenNI
Hi Tim

You are looking for a function called 'Registration' . An explanation should be available under the FAQ section of OpenNI.org web site.

Regards,
Moshe
Sent from my mobile.

Eddie Cohen

Dec 16, 2010, 2:59:38 AM12/16/10
to openn...@googlegroups.com
In OpenNI this API is referred to as AlternativeViewPoint. The PrimeSense depth generator can set its alternative view point to the one of the image generator, thus producing aligned images.

Eddie.

Çetin Meriçli

Dec 16, 2010, 8:45:18 AM12/16/10
to openn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Moshe,

It might be just me but I can't find an FAQ section in the OpenNI.org web site.

Cheers,
Cetin

Moshe Blitz

Dec 16, 2010, 8:48:17 AM12/16/10
to openn...@googlegroups.com, openn...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Unfortunately, we had to take this section down. We will have Wiki there soon. I noticed that Eddie already replied to your question with the necessary details.

Regards,
Moshe
Sent from my mobile.