Failing compile/install

Bastiaan van den Berg

Jul 20, 2011, 8:58:54 AM7/20/11
to openn...@googlegroups.com
In the process of updating OpenNI I am failing to follow the README's
instructions :

> Building OpenNI:
> 1) Go into the directory: "Platform/Linux-x86/CreateRedist".
> Run the script: "./RedistMaker".
> This will compile everything and create a redist package in the "Platform/Linux-x86/Redist" directory.
> It will also create a distribution in the "Platform/Linux-x86/CreateRedist/Final" directory.
> 2) Go into the directory: "Platform/Linux-x86/Redist".
> Run the script: "sudo ./install.sh" (needs to run as root)

Running RedistMaker in CreateRedist compiles OpenNI but does not make
a ./Final nor a ../Redist

So how do I install it if this is not working?

My system already has an old OpenNI+Nite install, which I am trying to
update to get the new features (quick matching <3)

--
Regards,
buZz

Bastiaan van den Berg

Jul 20, 2011, 11:53:56 AM7/20/11
to openn...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 14:58, Bastiaan van den Berg
<buzz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Running RedistMaker in CreateRedist compiles OpenNI but does not make
> a ./Final nor a ../Redist

Ok, figured out what made it break.
The optional requirement of doxygen and graphviz actually are required
for the CreateRedist script to continue it's functioning.

Hope this helps someone out there ;)

--
Regards,
buZz

Brandt Westing

Jul 20, 2011, 12:26:09 PM7/20/11
to OpenNI
I got this too. Installing Doxygen and Graphviz is can take some time
on a Mac using MacPorts. This should definitely be changed back to
optional.

On Jul 20, 10:53 am, Bastiaan van den Berg <buzzti...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 14:58, Bastiaan van den Berg

Ele Munjeli

Jul 20, 2011, 1:25:26 PM7/20/11
to OpenNI
I'm having trouble installing on Windows 7, running the RedistMaker I
get the following error:

************************
*** ONI Redist Maker ***
************************
Going to build redist for version: 1.3.2.3!

*** Erasing the old Final directory... ***

*** Running the Redist OpenNI script... ***

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!! An error occured while running a script !!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

File "Redist_OpenNi.py", line 50
self.internal_conf_name = 'Dev'

TabError: inconsistent use of tabs and spaces in indentation

we looked at the .py file but it seemed ok. Anybody?
we tried to compile from the .sln as well but it failed due to a
missing file...

Moshe Blitz

Jul 21, 2011, 12:37:44 AM7/21/11
to openn...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Please provide further details about your programming environment, Python version etc.

Regards,
Moshe Blitz

Moshe Blitz | Support Manager | PrimeSense |
www.primesense.com |

Ziv Hendel

Jul 21, 2011, 2:21:31 AM7/21/11
to OpenNI
Hi Bastiaan,
You are 100% right. It should be optional.
I've opened a bug about it and we'll fix it in our next release.
Thanks,
Ziv.

On Jul 20, 6:53 pm, Bastiaan van den Berg <buzzti...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 14:58, Bastiaan van den Berg

Ziv Hendel

Jul 21, 2011, 2:39:09 AM7/21/11
to OpenNI
Hi Ele!
We temporary have an incompatibility problem with our redist scripts
and Python 3.x and they only work well with Python 2.x.
I've opened a bug about it and we'll fix it in the next version...
Sorry, Ziv.
Message has been deleted