InitFromXml failed: Failed to set USB interface!

mangodan2003

Oct 21, 2011, 12:36:02 PM10/21/11
to OpenNI
I spent ages trying to work out the reason for "InitFromXml failed:
Failed to set USB interface!" in Ubuntu oneiric, The answer turned out
to be gspca_kinect kernel module.

If you have this problem trying to start openni libfreenect etc apps,
try :

rmmod gspca_kinect

and then try the app again.

Hope this helps.

Dan

Hendra

Oct 21, 2011, 6:39:36 PM10/21/11
to openn...@googlegroups.com
libfreenect works now! Thank you so much!! XD
haven't tried OpenNI yet, coz I removed it because of this problem, will try it soon.
btw, ever tried installing OpenNI and libfreenect at the same time? is there any problem?

Best Regards, and Thank you,
Hendra

Aron

Oct 22, 2011, 10:20:14 AM10/22/11
to OpenNI
Hey!

It works! Thanks for the tip!

Although the rmmod gspca_kinect didn't work, I "removed" the .ko file,
and now it works:

sudo mv /lib/modules/3.0.0-12-generic/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/
gspca_kinect.ko /lib/modules/3.0.0-12-generic/kernel/drivers/media/
video/gspca/gspca_kinect.ko.BAK

Regards,
Aron

toskrip