Gnu/Linux magazine France

Cedric Cabessa

Jul 7, 2008, 4:20:15 PM7/7/08
to openmeet...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Now openmeetings is a famous project !
In the jully/august issue of "linux mag", we have a good article about openmeetings.

It is 4 pages long, I try to make a summary here:

Intro:
the two authors look for an opensource video conference solution, with no instalation for the client (that exclude asterisk and other h323 solutions). They want multi platform and self hosting.

Two solutions come by: dimdim and openmeetings but dimdim does not fit their needs.

Openmeetings was tested in two sites:
ESIEE Paris : the purpose is to improve the communication for alzheimer patients. The server is a XEN virtual machine, 3Ghz / 1Go RAM Debian sid 64bit
ESCP-EAP : it is a school, they need to di interviews for futur students and internal meetings. They have five campus (Paris, London, Berlin, Madrid and Turin). The server is core2duo 2.6 Ghz / 2Go RAM Debian etch 32Bit

The second part is a two page long howto, nothing interesting for someone that have already installed openmeetings

The third is the feedback:
ESIEE said that the IHM is not adapted for alzheimer disabled person ... Not the primary goal of the project I think ...

ESCP-EAP they seem happy with this solution, they want a document sharing easier to use with multiuser, video resizing (they should check svn), and ldap.

you have screenshot of the mag here (page 40), http://www.ed-diamond.com/feuille_lmag107/index.html

If someone is interested (and can read french) I can try to scan them (maybe ask the editor before)

Too bad the two testers did not wrote a more technical feedback in the mailling list...

Sebastian Wagner

Jul 8, 2008, 2:17:07 AM7/8/08
to openmeet...@googlegroups.com
they wrote me a note about that Article some days ago. I thought it would be published next 2-3 months.

sebastian

2008/7/7 Cedric Cabessa <cedric....@uperto.com>:

--
Sebastian Wagner