Open Manufacturing List Now Officially Pro-Development

Nathan W. Cravens

Feb 20, 2009, 1:18:42 PM2/20/09
to Open Manufacturing
Hello,

Now we can talk about doing stuff so to do stuff!
Not that this stopped us before, but now it is official.

PreFoundation:

Autonomy by Communication
Let's Make, and if it fails, let's Make over.
Begin and end with most relevant.

MiniDevelopment Platform:

State your project clearly to this group.
Make a concise wiki for each project to inform our group.
Make collaborators:

Inquire to this group for...

participation
knowledge
materials
funding

Let's perfect the art of...

vision
organization
fabrication
documentation
replication

This is the MakerFocus to be development by you and I, the members of
this community.
This working template or one like it provides the foundation for
liberty through material empowerment.

Please improve it.
Please use it.
Or, create another that's better to use and improve.

http://p2pfoundation.net/MakerFocus

Best Regards,
Nathan Cravens

Nathan Cravens

Feb 20, 2009, 1:59:54 PM2/20/09
to Open Manufacturing
Focus:

Inquire to this group for...

participation
knowledge
materials
funding

Bryan,

Thank you for the fablab. I really appreciate it. However, I am now
wondering what in fact to do with it. I'm considering some
/dev/checkout system that fenn and I have been dreaming about for
since practically ever. But then there are other considerations, such
as accounting, resource management, inventory, programming, system
administration, CAD/CAM, subletting / renting out some space to
maintain the space, etc. I was wondering if anyone can offer me some
preliminary advice, thoughts, etc.

What's the status of the Austin FabLab?

You need participation, knowledge, materials, funding. Lay it out, tell us what you need and how we can help.

**********

Marcin,

The status should be clarified to those technologies that are replicable. While we have built mud huts and other hairy-legged implementations, the replicable ones are the tractor with implements, plus CEB press. These have achieved Prototype 1 status, with Field Testing. We are going through 3 prototypes to product release.

Now we're working on the torch table for rapid, digital fab of CEB press. See globalswadeshi group and blog post, or see
plus the category of Status.

see the Open Source Fab Lab.

You need participation, knowledge, materials, funding. Lay it out, tell us what you need and how we can help.

**********

How can Marcin and Bryan use thier resources collaberatively toward accomplishing the same goals? What other projects like thiers can band together for a common cause? They are both building Fab Labs. That can be the focus. You are the guys doing this stuff. Communicate between each other. Lay it out and communicate with us so we can build with you to make it sooner.

**********

Paul?
Smari?
Vinay?
Chris Watkins?
Eric?

These are the few names that came to mind. Surely there are thousands of others yet to recieve our message. This group is a universal post-it note to keep track and encourage participation to move our works forward. What do you need help with?

Invite every Maker, tinkerer, gadget geek, philosopher-backyard-mechanic to this group so to create a global centrifuge of Makedom. Projects include domestic production to web design to saw mill construction to spiritual council. Let's have unity in our diversity. Let's fabricate it.

What do you need help with? Tell us so we may act.

Nathan

Nathan Cravens

Feb 20, 2009, 2:38:46 PM2/20/09
to Open Manufacturing
Smari's MakerFocus:

  1. A decentralized peer-to-peer mutualist monetary system
  2. A CyberSyn inspired peer-to-peer industrio-economic information
system
  3. A direct small scale minimalistic democratic legislative process
  4. A social network based judicial system
  5. An end to the nation state and a free market on executive
authority
  6. Radical decentralization of education, healthcare, and other
social services
  7. Above all, the abolishment of the assumption of scarcity, which
no longer applies

This is an example of a personal MakerFocus. Add yours to the wiki. Personal focuses can inspire change in the general template of focus.

Nathan