Depth camera video capture?

Thomas Hansen

Nov 11, 2010, 2:20:22 AM11/11/10
to openk...@googlegroups.com
If anyone that has a kinect could upload a capture form the depth sensor, then those of us who don't have a kinect can start playing with the image processing.  I for one would greatly appreciate it.  While I'm at it, I'll insert a shameless plug for movid here, which might come in handy for the vision stuff:  http://www.movid.org

--
Thomas

binarymillenium

Nov 11, 2010, 4:47:19 PM11/11/10
to openk...@googlegroups.com
I'll try to get some up tonight- share it from my google docs or something.  Here's a single depth.bin and matlab/octave file to read it, the rgb image didn't save right and I'm thinking of saving it on the next session without the debayering that libfreenect is doing now.

Movid looks really cool, do you just use it or develop for it?  I'm in need of a new graph based VJ tool and it looks usable for that, frei0r support would be really cool.  (can it handle graph loops?)

Lucas
kinect_data.zip

binarymillenium

Nov 12, 2010, 12:39:24 AM11/12/10
to openk...@googlegroups.com
There should be a couple of notification messages about zip files full of sequential rgb and depth bin files, in the first I'm moving a fiducial around with the kinect fixed and the other is tracking the kinect over a bookshelf.  They're each only a couple of seconds long, more compression or skipping of frames might be useful next time.

The modified libfreenect:
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BwP06t4a405kYjBjZGFiMWMtNTdkNS00OGQ2LWFlZGQtMzM3YTkwZWZkYWE4&sort=name&layout=list&num=50
It buffers about 30 seconds of data and then pressing the 'g' key will dump it to disk in a bunch of bin files.  There is a matlab file in there to display a depth and rgb bin, but the 3rd color channel seems wrong still.

Lucas