Integration Update: Unstable and Master Synced

Kyle Machulis

Jan 6, 2011, 12:38:07 AM1/6/11
to openk...@googlegroups.com
One of the problems with creating an unstable branch when you haven't released a binary package/stable tag is that you never quite know when is the right moment of merge back into master. Thus, we spent a month out of master. Oops.

I just pulled the trigger and did an unstable/master sync. There's only 2 pulls requests left now, one that may be closable, and one that I need to figure out what I'm going to do with. But, the branches are the same for the time being.

I'm hoping to get a good idea of where all of our platform support is and what's left on the path to the v0.1 release ASAP. Josh or I will email once that's done.

qDot

Antonio Ospite

Jan 6, 2011, 6:40:12 AM1/6/11
to OpenKinect, Kyle Machulis
On Wed, 5 Jan 2011 21:38:07 -0800
Kyle Machulis <ky...@nonpolynomial.com> wrote:

> One of the problems with creating an unstable branch when you haven't
> released a binary package/stable tag is that you never quite know when is
> the right moment of merge back into master. Thus, we spent a month out of
> master. Oops.
>
> I just pulled the trigger and did an unstable/master sync. There's only 2
> pulls requests left now, one that may be closable, and one that I need to
> figure out what I'm going to do with. But, the branches are the same for the
> time being.

Hi Kyle, I tried rebasing my changes on top of the current tree and
there are some conflicts, I can send a v2 of the patchset if that's OK
with you.

I prefer sending patches as emails for sporadic changes as the review
process looks more transparent to me and you might also get casual
reviewers this way: people do not have to _decide_ to go on the web
page to review the changes, they just get them as emails and can reply
to comment.

> I'm hoping to get a good idea of where all of our platform support is and
> what's left on the path to the v0.1 release ASAP. Josh or I will email once
> that's done.

libfreenect v0.1 should offer a reasonable stable user API, shouldn't
it? So, should it expose the high resolution video mode as well? (hint
at zarvox here...)

> qDot

Thanks,
Antonio