Predator algorithm

Amir Hirsch

Apr 2, 2011, 9:24:51 PM4/2/11
to openn...@googlegroups.com, openk...@googlegroups.com
Here's an extremely interesting hybrid tracking / recognition
algorithm that people here should be familiar with:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GhNXHCQGsM

The Predator algorithm combines tracking and recognition. It improves
the recognition database using frames of the image in the tracker. It
also use the recognition algorithm to find the image in every frame,
improving the tracker. This positive feedback makes it extremely
capable. I think it is using optical flow tracking and wavelet
recognition.

Eric Chen

Apr 4, 2011, 9:39:57 PM4/4/11
to OpenKinect
The researchers of the project said: "We have received hundreds of
emails asking for the source code ranging from practitioners,
students, researchers up to top companies. The range of proposed
projects is exciting and it shows that TLD is ready to push the
current technology forward. This shows that we have created something
"bigger" than originally expected and therefore we are going to
postpone the release of our source code until announced otherwise.
Thank you for understanding."
So no source code available for now :(

andrew mcmurry

Apr 4, 2011, 11:08:45 PM4/4/11
to openk...@googlegroups.com, Eric Chen

No source code but there is this
http://info.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/Z.Kalal/tld.html

andrew mcmurry

Apr 4, 2011, 11:28:05 PM4/4/11
to openk...@googlegroups.com
"An efficient classifier (randomized forest) was used to represent the decision boundary between the object and its background."

Frontal Face Detector : Adapted from

Kalal,J.Matas,andK.Mikolajczyk,“Weightedsamplingforlarge- scale boosting,” BMVC, 2008.

Feature Tracker : Adapted from

Z. Kalal, J. Matas, and K. Mikolajczyk, “Online learning of robust object detectors during unstable tracking,” OLCV, 2009.

http://tinyurl.com/TLDcite8

Chris 'Xenon' Hanson

Apr 5, 2011, 10:44:15 AM4/5/11
to OpenKinect
On Apr 4, 9:08 pm, andrew mcmurry <mcmurry.a...@gmail.com> wrote:
> No source code but there is thishttp://info.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/Z.Kalal/tld.html

Or maybe there is source:

https://github.com/abelsson/TLD
Message has been deleted

RoHS

Apr 5, 2011, 1:15:29 PM4/5/11
to OpenKinect
OH! excellent, guess I'll give it a try then.

On Apr 5, 10:44 am, "Chris &#39;Xenon&#39; Hanson"

zdenek_kalal

Apr 5, 2011, 3:27:46 PM4/5/11
to OpenKinect
The repository (https://github.com/abelsson/TLD) is not official,
contains old code and incorrect email to the author.
The official release of TLD is currently being prepared.
Check my website (http://info.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/Z.Kalal/) or
follow me on Twitter: zk00006

Zdenek Kalal, author of TLD

Junlin Du

Apr 5, 2011, 3:29:22 PM4/5/11
to openk...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Glad to write to you. You are awesome, and I will follow you on twitter.

Is the old code done by you also?

best

--
Junlin Du

andrew mcmurry

Apr 5, 2011, 3:34:01 PM4/5/11
to openk...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Kalal:

Are you looking for help organizing the open source project?

I saw that the original version was GPL,do you plan on keeping or switching this license?

Nothin' a little overnight fame can't fix, eh? :)

Congrats on your success!

Andrew McMurry, MS
Informatics Team Lead
Harvard Medical School
Center for BioMedical Informatics

Mohamed Ikbel Boulabiar

Apr 6, 2011, 8:57:54 AM4/6/11
to openk...@googlegroups.com, andrew mcmurry

On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 9:34 PM, andrew mcmurry <mcmurr...@gmail.com> wrote:
I saw that the original version was GPL,do you plan on keeping or switching this license?
For a library, IMHO it's better to use LGPL.

Eric Chen

Apr 6, 2011, 11:11:35 PM4/6/11
to OpenKinect
Good news everyone, the official release of TLD1.0 is available!!
Licensed under GPL 3.0.

On 4月6日, 下午8時57分, Mohamed Ikbel Boulabiar <boulab...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 9:34 PM, andrew mcmurry <mcmurry.a...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > *I saw that the original version was GPL,do you plan on keeping or
> > switching this license?
> > *

Junlin Du

Apr 6, 2011, 11:37:32 PM4/6/11
to openk...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Do you know where to download?

thanks

--
Junlin Du

Carlos Roberto

Apr 7, 2011, 12:16:01 AM4/7/11
to openk...@googlegroups.com
Looks like he updated the links in his web page
http://info.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/Z.Kalal/tld.html

Leandroteleco

Apr 11, 2011, 1:46:52 PM4/11/11
to OpenKinect
Is someone working to integration the Predator algorithm with Kinect ?

In Robolab (http://robolab.unex.es/) we are very interested to combine
the Predator Algorithm with depth discretization, but we think it's
better work together in this.

Thanks!

andrew mcmurry

Apr 11, 2011, 4:36:19 PM4/11/11
to openk...@googlegroups.com
TLD (predator) has been opened up by the creator here
http://groups.google.com/group/opentld