Merge of new-api to master, OS X now running at 30fps

Kyle Machulis

Nov 16, 2010, 3:02:35 PM11/16/10
to openk...@googlegroups.com
First off, the new-api branch has been merged to master. Outside of API changes, there are platform changes to master (functionality listed below). Win32 support in will be following shortly, JoshB has already done most of the porting there, we just have a couple of bugs and some smoke testing to deal with.

Thanks to the information at

We now have verified 30fps on OS X! You'll need to pull whatever branch you're working on from the main repo (master has been pulled into win32-merge and new-api) and repatch the libusb-1.0 repo head using a slightly different command (-p1 versus -p0), but after that it should work at the same speed as the rest of the platforms.

So, we're now up to full speed using userspace drivers on the 3 major platforms! Yay!

Finally, I've started the a somewhat more finalized protocol doc in the doc/ directory, which pulls together information from the wiki, irc logs, code, my head, and wherever else into a single, hopefully clean, hopefully complete someday document for other implementors. Please let me know if you have additions or recommendations.

jac299792458

Nov 16, 2010, 3:31:51 PM11/16/10
to OpenKinect
So, should I rebase my pull-request [1] against master (currently
against new-api)? or, wait for the churn to die down?

thx,

Jason.

[1] https://github.com/OpenKinect/libfreenect/pull/24