Code swarm video of the project's development cycle

bp84

Nov 24, 2010, 11:52:18 AM11/24/10
to OpenKinect
Hi!

The code_swarm application is a fascninating way of visually exploring
what happens during a developpment cycle when a DVCS is used. Using
git data from the 10th to the 23rd of nov. 2010, the app illustrates
developpment, integration and maintenance and can differentiate
between between file types and folders on the repository... when you
see it, it all becomes self-explanatory. This is a really good way of
seeing what happens and who does what and it's all quite stimulating
to look at loll. Hope you enjoy it, even thought the video may not be
entirely accurate due to my inexperience with the software...

Here are 2 different clips using almost the same data, the second one
being a slower and more detailed version of the first. Of course the
longer the project the more this says something but here we see the
early efforts in the project insofar as git data shows... Each second
of video must be about 6 hours in real time.

http://vimeo.com/17113512
http://vimeo.com/17123230

Code_Swarm :
http://code.google.com/p/codeswarm/
+
https://github.com/rictic/code_swarm

Thanks for your interest,

BankP

bp84

Nov 24, 2010, 11:56:12 AM11/24/10
to OpenKinect
Edit: For the first clip about 1 second of video = 1 day or so, and
for the second clip, as I said, 1 second = 6 hours in real time... :)
> +https://github.com/rictic/code_swarm

bp84

Nov 26, 2010, 1:41:34 PM11/26/10
to OpenKinect
Hi!

Well, I've made a third and quite final version with proper eye candy
and 1 day more data from the repository.

Here it is: http://vimeo.com/17218868

Thank you for your interest!

BankP

Joshua Blake

Nov 26, 2010, 1:47:26 PM11/26/10
to openk...@googlegroups.com
Awesome. These are very cool to look at. Thanks for sharing!

bp84

Dec 14, 2010, 3:41:54 AM12/14/10
to OpenKinect
Hi!

Here's an update covering November 24th to December 13th 2010!!
1 second of video = 12 hours !

http://vimeo.com/17796061

Thanks!

bankP