Integration Update 2011-01-23

Kyle Machulis

Jan 23, 2011, 4:56:46 PM1/23/11
to openk...@googlegroups.com
Hey! We're still alive. Sorta. Sometimes.

So, I just brought a couple of things into unstable:

- Labview wrapper
- Bugfixes for CPP/Python/CMake

Things are pretty quiet on the libfreenect front, as the video driver seems to have hit a stable point, and now there's a lot of questions as to what to do about the audio driver (Poke at the firmware though it may not reveal much, wait for MS's SDK and hope it has an audio core to work from, etc...).

We'd still like to get a stable, binary release out at some point soon. More information will be posted once we actually figure that out. :)

Rich

Jan 31, 2011, 9:30:01 AM1/31/11
to OpenKinect
Hi,

Are there any plans to maybe start preparing source tarballs as
release candidates up to your first release? I'm interested in
packaging libfreenect for Fedora once it gets into a pre-release or
released state.

For Windows binary releases you might want to look at NSIS, it ties in
to CMake/CPack pretty well creates a nice installer package. CPack
also handles OS X type stuff.

Rich

Kyle Machulis

Jan 31, 2011, 2:28:20 PM1/31/11
to openk...@googlegroups.com
Yup, that's totally the plan, and one we were actually planning on having done like, a month ago. :) Time just kinda got away from us.