OpenJUMP 1.3.1 maintenance release

1 view

Stefan Steiniger

Dec 7, 2009, 12:59:58 PM12/7/09
to List for discussion of JPP development and use., openjum...@googlegroups.com
Hei all,

After performing now a few tests with ArcGIS Feature to Raster tool and
the Sextante rasterization function I think the fix I did for the pixel
North-West shift when writing TIFF raster images is working as it
supposed to (using the pirol/sextante file image export). That is raster
and vector data are properly aligned when Open... >Sextante Raster Image
is used.
So, I made a new OJ 1.3.1 release with that bug fix. It also contains
the changes to the PostGIS query dialog (using a fence) to spatially
restrict queries - made by Michael (thank you!).

That is, the new release is probably only interesting to PostGIS users
and Sextante Users. Maybe interesting for both is an additional
(Windows) download I created that contains both plugins plus the Cadplan
printing plugin. I created this version for teaching a GIS course.
According to user comments, this version (i.e. Sextante) unforntunately
doesn't work on Ubuntu.

The downloads are available here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/jump-pilot/files/

PS: Two side notes on the stats - showing that our work seems to spark
some interest :)

i) The download statistic graphs on Sourceforge seem to be delayed now
by 2 days or; and sometimes not working. However, it turns out we have
about 1000 downloads/month for the OpenJUMP windows setup file (alone).

ii) Since we switched the domain wwww.openjump.org to our Sourceforge
webpage I get some interesting user statistics (using Google Analytics).
While we had about 30 visits on peak days for the old page, we have now
up to 230 visits (i.e. unique visitors) a day. That shows how
significant the openjump.org domain was/is.

cheers from sunny but cold Calgary
stefan

Michaël Michaud

Dec 7, 2009, 5:00:35 PM12/7/09
to openjum...@googlegroups.com, List for discussion of JPP development and use.
Big thanks Stefan,

That's nice you could release this new version,
And the new wiki is really nice.

Micha�l

Stefan Steiniger a �crit :