Wish list for FindBugs Android Extension

Leo(Yueqi Li)

Jan 7, 2011, 8:17:38 AM1/7/11
to OpenIntents
Hi,
We are developing new detectors for the widely used static check,
FindBugs. FindBugs can detect many programming errors without running
programs.
If you find some errors that often occur in your Android app
development experience, you may reply to me to tell me the types of
errors you wish Findbugs to detect. We will try to add new detectors
to detect Android specific errors. Thank you for your attention.

You may find FindBugs in http://findbugs.sourceforge.net/.

Best regards

Yueqi Li

Leo(Yueqi Li)

Jan 7, 2011, 8:20:44 AM1/7/11
to OpenIntents

Friedger Müffke

Jan 7, 2011, 9:01:50 AM1/7/11
to liongh...@gmail.com, openi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Leo,

As far as I can see there is no support for Android specific bugs yet
at all, correct? Very interesting project! Do you have any ideas when
a new version will be available?

Bug types:
- UI issues where references e.g. to onClick methods in the layout.xml
differ from java method or references to ui elements are contained in
a different layout.xml
- issues with the life cycle
- bad practice regarding performance

I'll keep you posted if I come across more....

Friedger

2011/1/7 Leo(Yueqi Li) <liongh...@gmail.com>:

> --

OpenIntents UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Suarezstraße 41
14057 Berlin
tel:+49 30 60982220
mailto:in...@openintents.biz
enum:+493060982220

Vertretungsberechtigter Geschäftsführer: Friedger Müffke
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Berlin (Charlottenburg)
Registernummer: HRB 118597
Ust-IdNr: DE265992701

Yueqi Li

Jan 7, 2011, 9:55:29 AM1/7/11
to Friedger Müffke, openi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Friedger,
 Thank you for your reply. It would be a great help to me if you can be more specific.
  You may give me some links of bug reports as examples, specific revisions in svn or give simple code as example.

Best regards

   Yueqi Li