lib conflict

Michael Wechner

Jan 28, 2008, 8:06:10 AM1/28/08
to openi...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I have integrated openid4java into Yanel, but in certain cases I receive
the following error when initializing the ConsumerManager

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.xpath.compiler.FunctionTable.installFunction(Ljava/lang/String;Lorg/apache/xpath/Expression;)I

at org.apache.xml.security.Init.init(Unknown Source)
at org.openxri.xml.XRD.<clinit>(XRD.java:108)
at org.openid4java.discovery.Discovery.<init>(Discovery.java:59)
at
org.openid4java.consumer.ConsumerManager.<init>(ConsumerManager.java:51)

It seems to me that there is some conflict re library versions which
Yanel needs and openid4java is based on.

Has anyone similar problems?

Thanks

Michael

--
Michael Wechner
Wyona - Open Source Content Management - Yanel, Yulup

Johnny Bufu

Jan 28, 2008, 4:54:06 PM1/28/08
to openi...@googlegroups.com

On 28-Jan-08, at 5:06 AM, Michael Wechner wrote:
> I have integrated openid4java into Yanel, but in certain cases I
> receive
> the following error when initializing the ConsumerManager
>
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> org.apache.xpath.compiler.FunctionTable.installFunction(Ljava/lang/
> String;Lorg/apache/xpath/Expression;)I
>
> at org.apache.xml.security.Init.init(Unknown Source)
> at org.openxri.xml.XRD.<clinit>(XRD.java:108)
> at org.openid4java.discovery.Discovery.<init>
> (Discovery.java:59)
> at
> org.openid4java.consumer.ConsumerManager.<init>
> (ConsumerManager.java:51)

I see the org.apache.xpath.compiler.FunctionTable class in
xalan-2.6.0.jar, so it seems that openxri-1.0.1 depends strictly on
xalan-2.6.0 and won't work with 2.7.0.

This also answers my question to Will Tan from last week:

On 23-Jan-08, at 10:54 AM, Johnny Bufu wrote:
> So I'm wondering if we could distribute openid4java with openxri
> 1.0.1, xalan 2.6.0 and xmlsec 1.4.1.

Not sure how this can be fixed or worked around...

Johnny

Michael Wechner

Jan 28, 2008, 5:56:16 PM1/28/08
to openi...@googlegroups.com
Johnny Bufu wrote:

>On 28-Jan-08, at 5:06 AM, Michael Wechner wrote:
>

>>I have integrated openid4java into Yanel, but in certain cases I
>>receive
>>the following error when initializing the ConsumerManager
>>
>>java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
>>org.apache.xpath.compiler.FunctionTable.installFunction(Ljava/lang/
>>String;Lorg/apache/xpath/Expression;)I
>>
>> at org.apache.xml.security.Init.init(Unknown Source)
>> at org.openxri.xml.XRD.<clinit>(XRD.java:108)
>> at org.openid4java.discovery.Discovery.<init>
>>(Discovery.java:59)
>> at
>>org.openid4java.consumer.ConsumerManager.<init>
>>(ConsumerManager.java:51)
>>

>I see the org.apache.xpath.compiler.FunctionTable class in
>xalan-2.6.0.jar, so it seems that openxri-1.0.1 depends strictly on
>xalan-2.6.0 and won't work with 2.7.0.

I see and Yanel uses Xalan 2.7.0

>This also answers my question to Will Tan from last week:
>
>On 23-Jan-08, at 10:54 AM, Johnny Bufu wrote:
>

>>So I'm wondering if we could distribute openid4java with openxri
>>1.0.1, xalan 2.6.0 and xmlsec 1.4.1.
>>

>Not sure how this can be fixed or worked around...

I guess for my part I will try to patch/upgrade openxri-1.0.1 ;-)

Cheers

Michael

--
Michael Wechner
Wyona - Open Source Content Management - Apache Lenya