New sample JSP-based consumer & provider in codeline

Gabe Wachob

Apr 3, 2007, 8:27:47 PM4/3/07
to openi...@googlegroups.com

If you do an svn update, it should appear in samples/simple-openid.

There’s a README.txt that will tell you most of what you need to know.  You need Maven (http://maven.apache.org) to build/run it (one step!) – it will run a OP and a Consumer on localhost port 8080.

Hopefully this will address the questions about “how do I *use* the openid4java libraries”?

I’m not sure that you’d actually want to use this JSP-only code as the basis for a real Provider (maybe for a real consumer), but this definitely illustrates the things you need to build around the library on both the consumer and provider sides.

One thing this might be useful for is the basis of a maven consumer archetype…

In any case, I’m hoping ya’ll play with this and let me know how it can be improved to better demonstrate the use of the openid4java lib. I’ve tested this a bit with external OpenID OP’s, and the consumer here against the OP here, but I haven’t tested the OP with external consumers yet. I’m not guaranteeing any sort of correctness here… In fact, I’m not sure I’ve tested OpenID 2.0 functionality almost at all.

            -Gabe

Johnny Bufu

Apr 4, 2007, 1:23:42 PM4/4/07
to openi...@googlegroups.com

On 3-Apr-07, at 5:27 PM, Gabe Wachob wrote:
> In any case, I'm hoping ya'll play with this and let me know how it
> can be
> improved to better demonstrate the use of the openid4java lib. I've
> tested
> this a bit with external OpenID OP's, and the consumer here against
> the OP
> here, but I haven't tested the OP with external consumers yet. I'm not
> guaranteeing any sort of correctness here. In fact, I'm not sure
> I've tested
> OpenID 2.0 functionality almost at all.

Thanks Gabe! The other important thing this will help with is for
developers of other libraries to have an easily deployable OpenID2
consumer/provider to test against for basic interoperability.

Johnny