Senate bill on PublicMarkup.org

1 view

Gabriela Schneider

Oct 1, 2008, 4:43:12 PM10/1/08
to openhous...@googlegroups.com
I don’t think I have to convince this crowd that it’s laborious to parse text from a PDF, but that’s what Sunlight Labs did today – at a feverish pace.

In order to facilitate a conversation about the specifics of the Senate's new proposed bailout legislation (included within a 451-page document filled with additional provisions), we're parsing the bill's text, and have completed the first part, "Division A: the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008," posted on PublicMarkup.org at <http://www.publicmarkup.org/bill/senate-emergency-economic-stabilization-act-2008/> for your review and commentary.

As I understand it, they’re voting on the bill tonight. That’s just hours from the time they posted the bill online. Now, more than ever, we need to tell Congress to give us the time to <http://ReadTheBillFirst.org/>

Dig in!
-Gabriela

--
Gabriela Schneider