"Government data", a poem

AllThingsReform

Mar 5, 2009, 5:16:38 AM3/5/09
to Open House Project
Government data
by David Weller

Info, not information
Data, now, well, data?
Databases galore
Needing some more

Government info
Is data consumed
The truth as we know it
Can I make a profit?

Stone, Adam

Mar 5, 2009, 10:04:29 AM3/5/09
to openhous...@googlegroups.com
This brings tears to my eyes...
DISCLAIMER:
This e-mail is only intended for the person(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential information. Unless stated to the contrary, any opinions or comments are personal to the writer and do not represent the official view of the company. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your system. Please do not copy it or use it for any purposes, or disclose its contents to any other person. Thank you for your cooperation.

Circular 230 Disclosure: Any advice contained in this email (including any attachments unless expressly stated otherwise) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for purposes of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on any taxpayer.

Joshua Gay

Mar 5, 2009, 10:56:51 AM3/5/09
to openhous...@googlegroups.com
I like it. This is fun, I'll give it a shot, too.

Three Haikus for Internet Transparency and Change in 2009

"I will execute..."--
Ha! WhiteHouse.gov launched
already--Haha!

I see my shadow
on recovery.gov,
Punxsutawney Phil.

Good start, kind of. Now,
make sure we can read the bills--
that is, all of US!
--
<http://joshuagay.org>

Josh Tauberer

Mar 5, 2009, 11:24:38 AM3/5/09
to openhous...@googlegroups.com
There once was a man named Mike Honda,
A congressman us geeks are quite fond 'a,
In markup sessions takes on the chairman, a hulk,
so that we the people can get our data in bulk.

His friend maverick Joe likes transparency too,
Senate votes in XML he says long overdue,
At party politics he snorts,
Because the public should see those CRS reports.

And last we hear of the executive's new plan,
For a CTO and CIO...
...perhaps YesWeScan?

- Josh Tauberer
- GovTrack.us

http://razor.occams.info

Stone, Adam

Mar 5, 2009, 11:38:14 AM3/5/09
to openhous...@googlegroups.com
.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸-(_APPLAUSE_)-,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸

John Wonderlich

Mar 5, 2009, 11:58:33 AM3/5/09
to openhous...@googlegroups.com
(can't...    resist....     )

An old haiku:

Opening Congress
blog net nerds bring scrutiny,
Sunlight Foundation

and a new limerick:

The power that sprang not from Kings,
but the merit the populace brings,
thrives on data and docs,
not closed doors with locked locks.
Online access gives ideas new wings.

AllThingsReform

Mar 5, 2009, 12:08:13 PM3/5/09
to Open House Project
I'm pleasantly taken by your creativity, folks! :))

David