transparency

1 view

Michael Stern

Feb 6, 2009, 9:21:21 AM2/6/09
to openhous...@googlegroups.com

For those who may not have seen it, Jake Tapper of ABC had the following exchange with WH Press Secretary Robert Gibbs yesterday on transparency.

TAPPER:  Robert, two questions.  One's a housekeeping one.  In the name of the transparency that you and the president herald so much, is there any way we could get the copies of the waivers that the OMB issues to allow certain cabinet posts or deputy posts...

GIBBS:  I'll check.

TAPPER:  ... free of the ethics constraints that you put up? And, also, the disclosure forms that your nominees put out that go to the Office of Government Ethics, that somehow they're not able to e- mail or, you know, put on the Web, is there any way we can get copies of those?

GIBBS:  Yes, I will check.  I don't -- I don't know how those forms are distributed.

TAPPER:  Just based on listening to the president's rhetoric, I'm sure it's something he'd want to do.

GIBBS:  Well...

TAPPER: The other question is...

GIBBS:  Knowing of your crystal clarity on his opinion, I'll certainly check.

TAPPER:  He doesn't believe in transparency?

GIBBS:  Did you have another more pertinent question?

image001.gif

David Weller

Feb 6, 2009, 9:26:56 AM2/6/09
to openhous...@googlegroups.com
Cross-posted on All Things Reform blog:

Transparency
By David Weller

Transparency

Here and there
Letters flow

High and low
Notebooks stow

Up and down
Memos grow

In and out
Data show

Inerrancy
--
Hitch your wagon to a star.  -Emerson
David Weller

Gabriela Schneider

Feb 6, 2009, 10:27:23 AM2/6/09
to openhous...@googlegroups.com
This is great. Do you have a link to this transcript?
Thanks,
Gabriela
--
Gabriela Schneider