Invitation to Congressional Staff to Attend Briefing on Transparency

Daniel Schuman

Jun 16, 2010, 5:43:28 PM6/16/10
to openhous...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I want to share an invitation to all congressional staff to attend a briefing on transparency issues that will take place this upcoming Tuesday. Topics include federal contractor oversight; access to federal court records; and online access to congressional ethics information. (I've put a notice online here: http://bit.ly/9jOfyc)

If you're not a staffer, please don't feel left out: we'll be posting video of the speakers' presentations. (The discussion afterward, however, will be off the record.)

As an FYI, we're figuring out how to get other organizations and individuals involved in the Advisory Committee, and will be making a public statement soon. Thanks.

Daniel

Daniel Schuman
Director, Advisory Committee on Transparency
Policy Counsel | The Sunlight Foundation
o: 202-742-1520 x 273 | c: 202-713-5795
Twitter: danielschuman

Congressional staff are invited to attend

Transparency Made Easy:

How to Make the Government More Open and Accountable

Topics for discussion:

* Contractor performance oversight

* Access to federal court records (PACER)

* Online access to Congressional Ethics Information

Tuesday, June 22 from 2-3:15

Rayburn 2203

Panelists:

Bill Allison, Editorial Director, Sunlight Foundation

Scott Amey, General Counsel, Project on Government Oversight

Harlan Yu, Center for Information Technology at Princeton

Moderator: Daniel Schuman, Director, Advisory Committee on Transparency

Organized by:

The Advisory Committee on Transparency

A project of the Sunlight Foundation

All congressional staff are welcome to attend. There will be a brief introduction, an overview of the issues by the invited panelists, and a group discussion that will address your questions and concerns.

If you would like to receive notices of future discussions, or to RSVP, email

ACT(at)sunlightfoundation.com

The purpose of the Advisory Committee on Transparency is to share ideas with Members of the Congressional Transparency Caucus and educate policymakers on transparency-related issues, problems, and solutions.

Visit http://transparencycaucus.org for more information

Peggy Garvin

Jun 17, 2010, 10:06:46 AM6/17/10
to openhous...@googlegroups.com
FYI - “the country's first Congress On Demand platform”
http://www.iconstituent.com/?sectionid=65&sectiontree=3,65

There is an article about this in Roll Call today:
http://www.rollcall.com/issues/55_149/news/47426-1.html

Sincerely,

Peggy Garvin | pe...@garvinconsulting.com
Garvin Information Consulting | www.garvinconsulting.com