Testing everyone please !!!!

thomaslloyd

Jun 3, 2009, 3:39:07 PM6/3/09
to open-sapi
Dear All,

This latest release is the most stable and seems to work well.

if you have not already installed open-saou please read :

http://code.google.com/p/open-sapi/wiki/DeveloperEnvironment

If your already running open-sapi, please download the latest svn
version by:

$ cd ~/open-sapi

$ svn up

This will bring you up to date with the latest version. Then fire up
the system and try to break it, if your system starts doing strange
stuff then please post here with details.

Tios on getting the system running:

http://code.google.com/p/open-sapi/wiki/DeveloperStartup

If your reporting a bug then please include the distribution your
using, if your are using non standard versions of any software, in
particular Orca, Alsa, Wine, PulseAudio, TCL, Finally the output of
env command from the terminal.

$ env

Thanks

Tom

thomaslloyd

Jun 5, 2009, 9:23:28 AM6/5/09
to open-sapi
Right with some further testing of the system I have found one of the
bugs that was annoying me.

Ubuntu 9.04 is currently a long way behind in its wine version about
1.01. This has been causing problems with threading with SAPI or TCOM
I am not sure which one. One of them is creating a dead lock that
causes the server to freeze but not only the server, wine and speech
dispatcher. This looked as if speech dispatcher was to blame and in a
way it was as it expects a response back from the server/client which
it never got and it froze the whole desktop. I will reposrt this issue
to the speech-dispatcher teams.

I updated wine to the latest release from their website, which sorted
out the problem, now i am still getting system crashes but i am on the
hunt for the next culprit in this meld of technologies.

Still working on the logging system, trying to get all the components
to log to the same location so that it is easier to track down the
issues.

Tom

thomaslloyd

Jun 5, 2009, 3:07:57 PM6/5/09
to open-sapi
Updated SVN today. A few more bugs fixed, and have identified (I hope)
a work around when the server dies.

At the moment the client will just hang and wait for a response from
the server. If the server does not respond or had disappeared cause i
killed it ;) nothing happens and that is where you get the system wide
hang. Speech dispatcher also waits and thats what stops interactions
with the GUI. So I am going to review the communication that goes
between server and client and make sure that the server confirms its
actions to the clienet and/or the client timesout after a period of
time waiting for a response.

Lol add it to the todo list

Tom