mount and umount automaticaly iSCSI volume at boot in Debian etch

Miguel Gonzalez Castaños

Sep 20, 2007, 5:24:33 PM9/20/07
to open-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I have installed succesfully open-iscsi (at least apparently). I can
mount the ext3 partition that I created in the iSCSI device once that
the machine has booted up using mount -a (so the fstab configuration
should be fine).

I have changed the /etc/fstab to:

/dev/sda1 /mnt/virtualdata1 ext3 _netdev 0 0

I have changed the /etc/iscid.conf file to automatic startup:

node.startup = automatic

But still When I reboot the share is not showing up.

I have read this thread:

http://groups.google.com/group/open-iscsi/browse_thread/thread/a835ed385d6c024d/f194a8f459e4ace6?lnk=gst&q=mount&rnum=8#f194a8f459e4ace6

and this one:

http://groups.google.com/group/open-iscsi/browse_thread/thread/e57d1dd7de5d48a4/6c449816d6c3d281?lnk=gst&q=_netdev+debian&rnum=2#

But still don't get if I have to use an extra script to mount and
umount the share

Thanks,

Miguel

Mike Christie

Sep 24, 2007, 4:18:12 PM9/24/07
to open-...@googlegroups.com
Miguel Gonzalez Castaños wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have installed succesfully open-iscsi (at least apparently). I can
> mount the ext3 partition that I created in the iSCSI device once that
> the machine has booted up using mount -a (so the fstab configuration
> should be fine).
>
> I have changed the /etc/fstab to:
>
> /dev/sda1 /mnt/virtualdata1 ext3 _netdev 0 0
>
> I have changed the /etc/iscid.conf file to automatic startup:
>
> node.startup = automatic
>
> But still When I reboot the share is not showing up.

What distro are you using?

Miguel Gonzalez Castaños

Sep 24, 2007, 4:41:49 PM9/24/07
to open-...@googlegroups.com
Mike Christie escribió:
Debian etch. What I have done is created a script that mounts and
umounts the share. I found it on one of the threads about this issue.

Miguel

Mike Christie

Sep 25, 2007, 12:29:05 PM9/25/07
to open-...@googlegroups.com
Miguel Gonzalez Castaños wrote:
> Mike Christie escribió:
>> Miguel Gonzalez Castaños wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I have installed succesfully open-iscsi (at least apparently). I can
>>> mount the ext3 partition that I created in the iSCSI device once that
>>> the machine has booted up using mount -a (so the fstab configuration
>>> should be fine).
>>>
>>> I have changed the /etc/fstab to:
>>>
>>> /dev/sda1 /mnt/virtualdata1 ext3 _netdev 0 0
>>>
>>> I have changed the /etc/iscid.conf file to automatic startup:
>>>
>>> node.startup = automatic
>>>
>>> But still When I reboot the share is not showing up.
>>>

>> What distro are you using?
>>

> Debian etch.

Ah ok, I am not sure how debian does mounts. The _netdev option works in
fedora and red hat and I think suse. I am not sure about debian.