Naar het eerste ongelezen bericht

lisa

ongelezen,
17 jan 2012, 13:55:2217-01-2012
aan OntoWiki User Discussion
Hi,

Through some actions, we no longer have our system config ontology
(http://localhost/OntoWiki/Config/) in our running instance of
OntoWiki. When I tried to reload it, I was given a message that the
model already existed (even though it's not visible through the UI to
Admin nor are any edit options authorized).

I'm wondering:

1. Which tables in Virtuoso use the Config file.
2. Is it possible to erase them from Virtuoso directly and then
reload, or
3. Do we have re-install virtuoso/ontowiki to have the accurate set-up
for access controls?

We are hoping to not have to re-install, but we don't want to leave
our database in a strange state.

---
How did we get into this position?

Well, we had created our own actions. As a result, we need new
usergroups to correspond to those actions. We created a new user
group, but as we had no users (other than default), we used one of the
default users to be a member of the new user group. At this point, our
system configuration file disappeared from the UI and no edit actions
were possible.

Many thanks again!
Lisa

Sebastian Tramp

ongelezen,
18 jan 2012, 02:35:1818-01-2012
aan ontowi...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 10:55:22AM -0800, lisa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Through some actions, we no longer have our system config ontology
> (http://localhost/OntoWiki/Config/) in our running instance of
> OntoWiki. When I tried to reload it, I was given a message that the
> model already existed (even though it's not visible through the UI to
> Admin nor are any edit options authorized).
>
> I'm wondering:
>
> 1. Which tables in Virtuoso use the Config file.
> 2. Is it possible to erase them from Virtuoso directly and then
> reload, or

Hi Lisa,

yes, you can delete them directly via isql or the conductor:
http://answers.semanticweb.com/questions/977/

> 3. Do we have re-install virtuoso/ontowiki to have the accurate set-up
> for access controls?

I think not, OntoWiki will re-import the default config model if it does not
find it. maybe you need to delete the model AND the ontology
(which URI is http://ns.ontowiki.net/SysOnt/)

> We are hoping to not have to re-install, but we don't want to leave
> our database in a strange state.
>
> --- How did we get into this position?
>
> Well, we had created our own actions. As a result, we need new
> usergroups to correspond to those actions. We created a new user
> group, but as we had no users (other than default), we used one of the
> default users to be a member of the new user group. At this point, our
> system configuration file disappeared from the UI and no edit actions
> were possible.

This sounds very strange. I've tried to re-do this but did not get that
result. It would be great if you could try this again once you have the
default config restored (or send my the code base since I assume that
you used your clone for that).

Best regards

Sebastian Tramp

--
WebID: http://sebastian.tramp.name

Lisa Dawn Colvin

ongelezen,
18 jan 2012, 13:21:5518-01-2012
aan ontowi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Sebastian,

As I was looking through the tables, I saw that some URIs in the
config file had been corrupted which probably was the cause of some
problems. (e.g.
"http://localhost/OntoWiki/Config/http_rdfsorgsiocnsUsergroup/Test" )
(The "ns" makes me think perhaps there weren't the right prefixes
available?)

Is there information somewhere which documents the Virtuoso schema? I
am familiar with the erfurt (ef_*) tables, but there are a hundred
others (within the "DB" folder) with various indices. Are the rest of
the tables (that are in all caps) completely Virtuoso tables? That is,
If I were to drop the graph, could I assume that all indices and
references to the graph would be removed?

I will try to reproduce after we get it working correctly.

Thanks again!
Lisa

Allen beantwoorden
Auteur beantwoorden