search not working - missing bif:contains in config

lisa

Jan 12, 2012, 2:57:34 AM1/12/12
to OntoWiki User Discussion
Hi,

Our search is no longer working. Any search string gets this error:

Notice: Undefined index: search_max_length_for_bifcontains in
<...>apps/ontowiki/r<...>/libraries/Erfurt/Erfurt/Store/Adapter/
Virtuoso.php on line 463

Has something recently changed?

We have set the bif:contains when we built our Virtuoso (manually) to
have the limit of 3. And this was working.

our config.ini-dist has:

"; affect the main search: searches <= 4 will be exact search (instead
of bif:contains)
store.virtuoso.search_max_length_for_bifcontains = "4"
;store.virtuoso.use_persistent_connection = true"

which was last merged dec. 5.

Since we updated our erfurt (to revert the JSON virtuoso changes), our
search isn't working.

Will just re-merging the config.ini-dist help or are there other
dependencies that the Erfurt change/revert have affected? I'm not sure
if these are related, but this is when we noticed the search not
working, so I thought I'd check.

thanks!
urgently yours, :)

Lisa

Sebastian Tramp

Jan 12, 2012, 3:26:22 AM1/12/12
to ontowi...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 11:57:34PM -0800, lisa wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Our search is no longer working. Any search string gets this error:
>
> Notice: Undefined index: search_max_length_for_bifcontains in
> <...>apps/ontowiki/r<...>/libraries/Erfurt/Erfurt/Store/Adapter/
> Virtuoso.php on line 463
>
> Has something recently changed?

Yes, this option was added regarding your feature request that very
short query strings should match exactly instead of bif:contains match.

I've added a config option to config.ini.dist:

; affect the main search: searches <= 4 will be exact search (instead of bif:contains)
store.virtuoso.search_max_length_for_bifcontains = "4"

So add this to your config and you will get exact searches for strings
with 1 to 4 chars and the notice will disappear.

Anyway, there should be a correct test for the value.
That was my fault and is fixed now.

Best regards

Sebastian Tramp

--
WebID: http://sebastian.tramp.name

Lisa Dawn Colvin

Jan 12, 2012, 4:38:42 AM1/12/12
to ontowi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sebastian,

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 12:26 AM, Sebastian Tramp

> Yes, this option was added regarding your feature request that very
> short query strings should match exactly instead of bif:contains match.

THANK YOU! :)
we had made this change in the virtuoso source code (libsrc/Wi/text.c):
(f (leading < 3)" inwp_wildcard_range() function

should we change it back to "4"?

also, is "exact search" case sensitive?

> I've added a config option to config.ini.dist:
>
> ; affect the main search: searches <= 4 will be exact search (instead of bif:contains)
> store.virtuoso.search_max_length_for_bifcontains = "4"
>
> So add this to your config and you will get exact searches for strings
> with 1 to 4 chars and the notice will disappear.

strange. I see that we have this in our OntoWiki config file (as of Dec. 5):
line 31:
https://github.com/UDFR/OntoWiki/blob/develop/config.ini-dist

yet we still get the "Notice: Undefined index:
search_max_length_for_bifcontains" error.

We have another instance running which has not updated the erfurt in
2012, and we are able to search with no errors. It is not using the
exact search because
we do get an error for a two-character search.

Perhaps we are not using this config.ini-dist, but another one. I will
be able to confirm with Abhishek tomorrow morning.

> Anyway, there should be a correct test for the value.
> That was my fault and is fixed now.

Ah, I see. So we should re-merge with develop branch and this should work?

thanks again!!

best regards,
lisa

Sebastian Tramp

Jan 12, 2012, 4:41:52 AM1/12/12
to ontowi...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 01:38:42AM -0800, Lisa Dawn Colvin wrote:

> > Anyway, there should be a correct test for the value That was my .
> > fault and is fixed now .

> Ah, I see. So we should re-merge with develop branch and this should
> work?

yes, this issue is fixed in
https://github.com/AKSW/Erfurt/commit/cb1261f6e5fbdb835eb57d270060f79ed4c72296

Lisa Dawn Colvin

Jan 12, 2012, 4:46:53 AM1/12/12
to ontowi...@googlegroups.com
I just read it now. Thanks again, Sebastian!

lisa

Jan 12, 2012, 2:51:08 PM1/12/12
to OntoWiki User Discussion
Hi Sebastian,

Currently our search looks restricted to alphabet only. Is there a way
to extend to alphanumerics or even some non-alphanumerics like "/" and
"."? We have some common searches where people will want to use "/"
used in other identifiers (e.g. "fmt/12") or dots as in file
extensions (e.g. ".gz").

Is there something we can do to fix this? I saw reference to this
here:http://code.google.com/p/ontowiki/issues/detail?id=751 which
referenced a plugin ListSetupHelper.php. But I cannot find that
controller within my Ontowiki branch.

Lisa

On Jan 12, 1:46 am, Lisa Dawn Colvin <lisacol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just read it now. Thanks again, Sebastian!

> >> Ah, I see. So we should re-merge with develop branch and this should
> >> work?
>
> > yes, this issue is fixed in
> >https://github.com/AKSW/Erfurt/commit/cb1261f6e5fbdb835eb57d270060f79...

Sebastian Tramp

Feb 29, 2012, 11:02:26 AM2/29/12
to ontowi...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 11:51:08AM -0800, lisa wrote:

Hi Lisa, phil fixed this yesterday in erfurt. can you test it?

Best regards

Sebastian Tramp

WebID: http://sebastian.tramp.name

Lisa Dawn Colvin

Feb 29, 2012, 3:13:14 PM2/29/12
to ontowi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Sebastian!
I am no longer working on the project, but have forwarded it on to the current developers to remerge Erfurt. This is a great feature as non-alpha searches are pretty common in our domain. Thanks for working on this!

If they have any issues, they will write directly to the ontowiki user group.

Lisa

Lisa Dawn Colvin

Mar 1, 2012, 4:18:03 PM3/1/12
to ontowi...@googlegroups.com