error when using 'Search for Resources'

Kurt J

Aug 10, 2009, 7:12:50 AM8/10/09
to ontowi...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Still experimenting w/ OW - really impressed! I've configured my
models and access control rather easily!

I stumbled on to this exception when using the 'Search for Resources' box

OntoWiki Error

Erfurt_Exception: SPARQL Error: [OpenLink][Virtuoso iODBC
Driver][Virtuoso Server]FT370: Wildcard word needs at least 3 leading
characters (22023)
Query: SELECT DISTINCT ?s FROM WHERE { ?s ?p ?o. FILTER
(bif:contains(?o, \'"Rock me*"\')) }
/www/htdocs/ontowiki/libraries/Erfurt/Store/Adapter/Virtuoso.php@932 (0)

seems it tripped on the 'Rock me' search term. should i report such
things straight to the wiki rather than mailing list next time?

Also, it seems the search does not really index text fields - for
example searching for 'Falco' returns no hits when a mo:MusicArtist
with foaf:name 'Falco' is in fact loaded in my model. Maybe the box
is not intended for 'free text' search but as an 'end-user' this is
what i expected.

Is pluggining in Solr Lucene somehow a good option? Just a thought :-)

-Kurt J

Kurt J

Aug 10, 2009, 7:15:08 AM8/10/09
to ontowi...@googlegroups.com
btw, i'm working from the trunk svn co and using w/ virtuoso. it
seems i can't get any search term that returns results, maybe i'm
misconfigured somehow...

Sebastian Dietzold

Aug 10, 2009, 7:34:26 AM8/10/09
to ontowi...@googlegroups.com
quote Kurt J (10.8.2009):

> btw, i'm working from the trunk svn co and using w/ virtuoso. it seems
> i can't get any search term that returns results, maybe i'm
> misconfigured somehow...

Virtuoso needs a fulltext index for the search feature. OntoWiki usually
creates this index at startup by executing these two queries:

DB.DBA.RDF_OBJ_FT_RULE_ADD(NULL, NULL, 'ontowiki_ft_index');
DB.DBA.VT_INC_INDEX_DB_DBA_RDF_OBJ();

into virtuoso.

Can you run these queries with isql or in the conductor?

If your problem is solved after that, can you please startover with a
complete new virtuoso DB and test a search maybe for "Admin" in the config
model?

SD

--
Sebastian Dietzold - Department of Computer Science; University of Leipzig
Tel/Fax: +49 341 97 323-66/-29 http://bis.uni-leipzig.de/SebastianDietzold

Sebastian Dietzold

Aug 10, 2009, 8:08:10 AM8/10/09
to ontowi...@googlegroups.com
quote Kurt J (10.8.2009):

> I stumbled on to this exception when using the 'Search for Resources'
> box
>
> OntoWiki Error
>
> Erfurt_Exception: SPARQL Error: [OpenLink][Virtuoso iODBC
> Driver][Virtuoso Server]FT370: Wildcard word needs at least 3 leading
> characters (22023)
> Query: SELECT DISTINCT ?s FROM WHERE { ?s ?p ?o. FILTER
> (bif:contains(?o, \'"Rock me*"\')) }
> /www/htdocs/ontowiki/libraries/Erfurt/Store/Adapter/Virtuoso.php@932 (0)
>
> seems it tripped on the 'Rock me' search term. should i report such
> things straight to the wiki rather than mailing list next time?

"Wildcard word needs at least 3 leading characters" :-)

ok, seems that 1. the formulated sparql query is not perfect an 2. the
exception should be better handled ... so I created an issue for that
(582).

> Also, it seems the search does not really index text fields - for
> example searching for 'Falco' returns no hits when a mo:MusicArtist with
> foaf:name 'Falco' is in fact loaded in my model. Maybe the box is not
> intended for 'free text' search but as an 'end-user' this is what i
> expected.

please test Admin in the config model ...

SD

Kurt J

Aug 10, 2009, 8:20:41 AM8/10/09
to ontowi...@googlegroups.com
> Virtuoso needs a fulltext index for the search feature. OntoWiki usually
> creates this index at startup by executing these two queries:
>
> DB.DBA.RDF_OBJ_FT_RULE_ADD(NULL, NULL, 'ontowiki_ft_index');
> DB.DBA.VT_INC_INDEX_DB_DBA_RDF_OBJ();
>
> into virtuoso.
>
> Can you run these queries with isql or in the conductor?

yes this seems to have worked. now i get results for Admin in the Sys
Model and 'Falco' in my model.

> If your problem is solved after that, can you please startover with a
> complete new virtuoso DB and test a search maybe for "Admin" in the config
> model?

but i've done so much already! ;-)

when you say startover you mean
1. kill virtuoso, remove virtuoso.* (except maybe virtuoso.ini)
2. restart virtuoso
3. go to ontowiki

do i need to change any files in my ontowiki directory? i assume
everything is stored in virtuoso...

-kurt

Sebastian Dietzold

Aug 10, 2009, 8:25:40 AM8/10/09
to ontowi...@googlegroups.com
quote Kurt J (10.8.2009):

>> Can you run these queries with isql or in the conductor?
> yes this seems to have worked. now i get results for Admin in the Sys
> Model and 'Falco' in my model.

ok, this means they are not executed on init ...

>> If your problem is solved after that, can you please startover with a
>> complete new virtuoso DB and test a search maybe for "Admin" in the
>> config model?
> but i've done so much already! ;-)

:-) You can export the RDF/XML in OntoWiki by using the context menü on
the model or you can even backup your whole virtuoso directory ...

> when you say startover you mean
> 1. kill virtuoso, remove virtuoso.* (except maybe virtuoso.ini)
> 2. restart virtuoso
> 3. go to ontowiki
>
> do i need to change any files in my ontowiki directory? i assume
> everything is stored in virtuoso...

yes. no config changes needed (if you use the standard dba account in
virtuoso for ontowiki)

maybe its better to restart your browser too ... to avoid problems with
the session ...

thanks for the bug hunting :)

SD