vanet simulation problem using omnet++ ,sumo,veins

raju

Nov 22, 2012, 1:17:18 AM11/22/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com
sir i have successfully connected omnet++ with sumo using the veins(sumo-launched.py)

now i want to create multiple  RSUs on the road created in sumo and try to receive message from the vehicles created in sumo. so how could this be possible?

next if i will create a RSU in omnet++ (in .ned) file then how i will respond to the vehicles in sumo.

sir is this possible to create a RSU in omnet++(.ned) which can communicate?

Christoph Sommer

Nov 22, 2012, 3:20:25 AM11/22/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com
raju wrote:
> sir is this possible to create a RSU in omnet++(.ned) which can communicate?

this has been asked (and answered) on this mailing list many times
before. It is also covered in the FAQ:

http://veins.car2x.org/documentation/faq/

Best,

Christoph

--
Dr.-Ing. Christoph Sommer
Institute of Computer Science

Rishu Chhabra

Apr 19, 2013, 6:40:55 AM4/19/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am using SUMO and have this line in .rou.xml file

 <vehicle id="VR1" type="CARA" route="AIRPORT_TO_G32ST" depart="54000" period="3" repno="2"/>

and i am getting an error that

Warning: period and repno are deprecated in vehicle 'VR1', use flows instead.

Please help me with this

Thomas Paulin

Apr 19, 2013, 6:51:56 AM4/19/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rishu,

Its a warning, not an error. So you can either ignore it or fix it according to the SUMO doc: http://sumo.sourceforge.net/doc/current/docs/userdoc/SUMO_User_Documentation.html

Cheers,
Thomas

Rishu Chhabra

Apr 22, 2013, 5:44:37 AM4/22/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Sir,

I know its a warning but its giving me an error later when i try to connect it to form the routes....so can you please suggest me that what that warning means?

Thomas Paulin

Apr 22, 2013, 6:04:17 AM4/22/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rishu,

It just means that period and repno will be removed in future version of SUMO. So I doubt that it is related to the error you receive later.

Best regards,
Thomas

--
Message has been deleted

Mojtaba G

Aug 25, 2013, 5:54:24 AM8/25/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I do VANETs routing research and for having result and prove my idea there is need for simulation.I really stuck in one step. I have done the traffic simulation but I don't know how to bring it into omnetpp and develop it.please if you can help me give your suggestion.
furthermore, I've read many tutorial but still got problem with this issue (how to implement vehicular routing along beaconing with the designed traffic ).
Thank you,

Aditya K

Sep 5, 2013, 6:32:50 AM9/5/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
hai
i want to install the same softwares just as you mentioned above.I was stuck at 4th step. here is the linkhttp://veins.car2x.org/tutorial/
can u help me....?

Thank u

Christoph Sommer

Sep 5, 2013, 7:15:59 AM9/5/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Georgios Charalampopoulos wrote:
> I would like to ask you a question regarding my problem using Veins,
> Omnetpp and Sumo.
> When I run the demo scenario I get this error: [...]
> Error: tcpip::Socket::recvAndCheck @ recv: peer shutdown

this is SUMO complaining that its peer (the networking side of the
simulation) disconnected. You probably want to investigate the OMNeT++
output for an indication of what went wrong.

Simulations using Veins run three programs in parallel: OMNeT++ runs
the network simulation, SUMO runs the road traffic simulation, and
sumo-launchd acts as a proxy between both. Consequently, the first step
should be finding out which program crashed.

Debug output for sumo-launchd can be found on the console, as well as in
its log file. Please refer to its --verbose and --logfile parameters for
controlling how much (and where) information is written.

Debug output for SUMO (both stdout and stderr) is captured by
sumo-launchd and stored in its log files (see above).

Finally, debug output for OMNeT++ can be found on the console
(immediately before the "simulation terminated" line). You can get more
in-depth information by enabling debug-on-errors and running the
simulation with a debugger attached (see below).

For more details on debugging simulations, please refer to the FAQ at
http://veins.car2x.org/documentation/faq/

Christoph Sommer

Sep 5, 2013, 7:18:07 AM9/5/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Aditya K wrote:
> I was stuck at 4th step. here is the link http://veins.car2x.org/tutorial/
> can u help me....?

With that little information, I'm afraid the best advice I can give is
to look at the error messages you get and try to find out what they mean
by looking at the source code.

Best,

Lakshmi Venkata Bharadwaj Chintalapati

Nov 12, 2014, 8:37:18 AM11/12/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Prof. Sommer,

   My Name is Bharadwaj, I am studying Automotive Software in Germany. Thanks for helping us(students) in several possible ways. I have a doubt, I created my own simulations in SUMO and synchronized with omnetpp for lane changing, cross roads and several other scenarios. I also tried changing the scheduled event parameters in Mobility section and other files. I could understand that the scheduled accidents are created with in Veins(Mixim). My doubt is : Can SUMO trigger an event in omnetpp ? Like, for example if a car crossed an other car in SUMO simulation, can SUMO then schedule an event and run it in OMNetpp gui instead of manual event declaration that is observed in default erlangen example?  Sorry if my doubt is silly, I tried to search if there are any Traci commands for that. But, I failed. Thankyou

Christoph Sommer

Nov 17, 2014, 3:41:23 AM11/17/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Lakshmi Venkata Bharadwaj Chintalapati wrote:
> if a car crossed an other car in SUMO simulation, can SUMO then schedule
> an event and run it in OMNetpp gui

you will probably get more answers to this question on the SUMO mailing
list. That said, the only way I can think of is to monitor vehicle
positions, headings, and speeds in OMNet++ and to schedule an event if
any two vehicles are on a collision course.

Best,

Christoph

--
Dr. Christoph Sommer
Distributed Embedded Systems Group

Lakshmi Venkata Bharadwaj Chintalapati

Jan 23, 2015, 8:33:02 AM1/23/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Dear Prof. Sommer,

                           Thanks for the reply, I tried to extend sumo and I am still working on it. I have another doubt, I apologize firstly for the trouble caused. I'm just curious about this. As you said earlier that OMNet++ is used to schedule and event if any two vehicles are on a collision course, can we change that scenario like if a car is overtaking another then, we can schedule an event through OMNetpp? another doubt is how is OMNetpp getting the speed values from SUMO? I checked the launchd file and also different python files in veins src. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Bharadwaj