an error in opening omnet

Oct 20, 2014, 6:47:29 PM10/20/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
hi all,
Some time ago I installed Omnet 4.4 on my computer (Windows 7). Everything was good. but now there is a problem. now I open the mingwenv.cmd and I typed omnetpp, but the omnet does not open and I get an error: "An error has ocurred, see the log file. c:\programs\omnetpp-4.4\samples\.metadata\log"  I looked at in log file but I dont understand the problem. I have attached the log file. can you please tell me what is the problem? this lines are part of its message:
!SESSION 2014-10-20 17:28:55.274 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.7.0_17
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

This is a continuation of log file C:\programs\omnetpp-4.4\samples\.metadata\.bak_1.log
Created Time: 2014-10-21 01:01:21.720

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2014-10-21 01:01:21.722
!MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception
!STACK 0
org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: Failed to execute runnable (org.eclipse.swt.SWTError: No more handles)
at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4397)
at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4312)
.log

jime

Nov 16, 2014, 5:48:52 AM11/16/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
I am getting similar problem. suddenly OMNeT crashed and it wont work again. it states as well "An error has occured. See the log file ..."

did you manage to solve this issue?

Matin masoomi

Nov 16, 2014, 4:57:25 PM11/16/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Yes. please test this: Change the workspace folder. (For example, create a new folder named sample.(instead of samples). Then copy the entire contents of the old workspace in the new workspace.(Except log file that is in the metadata folder.)

Mohsen Sichani

Nov 17, 2014, 3:24:14 AM11/17/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jime

As Mira said if the problem is related to the log file, you can do some setting for "showing hidden files" and then delete log files instead of changing the workspace.

Cheers
Mohsen

arad shavazipoor

May 11, 2019, 6:45:45 PM5/11/19
to omn...@googlegroups.com
hi i have the same problem in mac os mojave can anybody help please???

Eduardo Cooper

May 12, 2019, 12:33:42 AM5/12/19
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi I did not have the same error log but changed the default java version from version 11 to version 8, after downloading java jdk 8 as in here: https://codeyarns.com/2015/12/01/how-to-set-default-java-version-in-ubuntu/
If you get an error by doing this, ignore it, as stated here: https://serverfault.com/questions/814064/set-jdk-8-as-the-default-java-on-debian-8 and that should get omnet++ going. Point being, omnet++ (version 5.4.1) really likes java version 8.

arad shavazipoor

May 12, 2019, 4:12:46 AM5/12/19
to OMNeT++ Users
Dear Eduardo
Thank you so much, it work.

Gunnar Ramos

Jun 10, 2020, 7:37:21 PM6/10/20
to OMNeT++ Users
Thank you very much Eduardo. Changing the default version of java to version 8 worked.