Neighbourhood discovery in Inetmanet or MixiM

Amene Deljoo

Nov 6, 2014, 5:35:22 AM11/6/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hello every one,
I would like to simulate a simple scenario in inetmanet or mixim. For example  i have 5 nodes in the network and the nodes will send hello include own Id periodically. some of them will receive this message and reply it to originator include own id,rssi, and originator id. I would like to create the neighborhood list at each node. static network, ieee802154narrow, or wpn in inetmanet, define a rssi threshold.
I have no idea which packages is useful for my work.
Any help will be appreciated.

Amene Deljoo

Nov 19, 2014, 9:32:43 AM11/19/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com

Is there no one who could explain the solution to me?

Erik Becker

Nov 20, 2014, 6:07:19 AM11/20/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am not sure which modules you are required to use, that is if you are
required to extend a certain simulation or can start your own from
scratch. I did a neighborhood discovery in MiXiM and pretty much did
everything from scratch, defined a packet with all the necessary fields
and simply sent that.

Kind regards
Erik Becker

Amene Deljoo

Nov 20, 2014, 8:27:02 AM11/20/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your reply. could you please explain your implementation or your approach a bit more. I am relatively new in this simulator. I do not know where should I start?
Best,

Erik Becker

Nov 20, 2014, 9:32:47 AM11/20/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
My approach: In the constructor of your network layer, send a delayed
selfmessage (use the second stage or so). This acts as a timer. When
receiving the message, schedule a new, delayed selfmessage (to get a
reminder every x seconds).
Also, when receiving the selfmesage, start a broadcast message. Use a
message type you defined that has fields for the node's id, maybe its
position and other data. Send it down in your network stack so it is
eventually sent over the radio.
When receiving a message from the lower layer (originating from another
node), check if it is of your broadcast type and if so, read data and
update the node's neighborhood in an array/vector.

Kind regards, Erik Becker
> > an email to omnetpp+u...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>
> > <mailto:omnetpp+u...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>>.
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.

Amene Deljoo

Nov 21, 2014, 2:44:54 AM11/21/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot. did you work with 802154narrow or 802154a?
So mainly you worked with network layer? did you change or add something in Mac or Phy layer?
Thanks in advance.

Erik Becker

Nov 24, 2014, 7:35:19 AM11/24/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
I only added my stuff in the network layer, I do not remember changing
anything about mac/phy.

Kind regards,
Erik Becker