The entry of vehicles in the network is not synchronous between OMNET and SUMO

Rayane Sibaï

Nov 21, 2014, 8:44:48 AM11/21/14
Hello,
I am trying to test an algorithm for the communication between vehicles in VANET. I have moved with OMNET and sumo and all is well. I defined the value of step-length value = "0.1" in both OMNET and SUMO. But the problem is that each vehicle enters and leave the network in OMNET in different time from that in sumo. For example, a vehicle A enters the network in OMNET at time = 35 sec , while it enter the network in sumo at time = 45 sec.
Someone has an idea?

Christoph Sommer

Nov 21, 2014, 10:02:42 AM11/21/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Dear Rayane Sibaï,

which version of Veins are you using?

Best,

Christoph

--
Dr. Christoph Sommer
Distributed Embedded Systems Group

Rayane Sibaï

Nov 21, 2014, 11:44:20 AM11/21/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com

Veins 3a3 with omnet 4.2.2

Christoph Sommer

Nov 21, 2014, 12:04:18 PM11/21/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com, Rayane Sibaï
Dear Rayane Sibaï,

this sounds almost impossible. Did you modify Veins in any way? As soon
as (due to misconfiguration or program error) the SUMO and OMNeT++
timesteps diverged, an exception should be raised by code in [1].

Are you absolutely sure that you are looking at the same vehicle?

If so, I would be happy to investigate if you could send me a minimal
simulation that exhibits the described error so I can check for myself.

Best,

Christoph

[1]
https://github.com/sommer/veins/blob/veins-3a3/src/modules/mobility/traci/TraCIScenarioManager.cc#L664
>> omnetpp+u...@googlegroups.com.

Rayane Sibaï

Nov 21, 2014, 12:51:29 PM11/21/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Dear Christoph,
Thx for your reply, yes I am, I looked at several vehicles, and it is the same problem. And to be sure, I looked at the trace file generated by sumo and those generated by OMNeT, there is a difference. And forthe error, I have not received such an error; the simulation excecute and terminates normally.
And there is another problem : the speed of vehicles in erlangen.rou.xml is between 80 and 120 m / sec, but in the simulation, the speed of any vehicle is between 0 and 50 m / sec!

note : I have made my own network (roads, trajectories and vehicles)

On Friday, November 21, 2014 5:44:48 AM UTC-8, Rayane Sibaï wrote:
Hello,
I am trying to test an algorithm for the communication between vehicles in VANET. I have moved with OMNET and sumo and all is well. I defined the value of step-length value = "0.1" in both OMNET and SUMO. But the problem is that each vehicle enters and leave the network in OMNET in different time from that in sumo. For example, a vehicle A enters the network in OMNET at time = 35 sec , while it enter the network in sumo at time = 45 sec.
Someone has an idea?
tracidemo11p.cc.cc
tracidemo11p.h
waveShortMessage.msg
WaveShortMessage_m.h
erlangen.net.xml
erlangen.rou.xml

Christoph Sommer

Nov 24, 2014, 3:43:51 AM11/24/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Rayane Sibaï wrote:
> Christoph Sommer wrote:
>> Rayane Sibaï wrote:
>>>
>>> the problem is that each vehicle enters and leave the network in OMNET in different time from that in sumo. For example, a
>>> vehicle A enters the network in OMNET at time = 35 sec , while it enter the network in sumo at time = 45 sec.
>>
>> this sounds almost impossible. Did you modify Veins in any way?
>> Are you absolutely sure that you are looking at the same vehicle?
>
> Thx for your reply, yes I am, I looked at several vehicles, and it is
> the same problem.

I have run your simulation in Veins (version 3a3) and have failed to
reproduce your problems: all time steps are perfectly synchronized.

I have uploaded a screen capture of the running simulation:

http://www.ccs-labs.org/~sommer/intra/dbb1e90d8df5732c3a5c31a5b6a8a418-screen.webm

> And there is another problem : the speed of vehicles in erlangen.rou.xml
> is between 80 and 120 m / sec, but in the simulation, the speed of any
> vehicle is between 0 and 50 m / sec!

I have also looked at the vehicle speeds: both simulators report the
exact same vehicle speeds.

Also note that your vehicles will likely be unable at the 120 m/s you
configured. This is more than one third the speed of sound -- more than
the speed limit of most cities.

Best,

Christoph

Rayane Sibaï

Nov 24, 2014, 8:44:51 AM11/24/14
Dear Christoph, thank you very much,

What you try is to run the simuation in OMNeT+sumo at the same time, but my problem is that there is a difference between the result of the simulation in OMNeT+sumo  and sumo alone.

(If I enter sumo and I run the simulation and I generates the trace file(result 1), and then I run the simulation in OMNeT+sumo and I look at the results of the simulation (result 2), I find that there is a difference of a few seconds between these two results .