Large Files support in Omnet++

Juan-Carlos.M...@sophia.inria.fr

Aug 9, 2009, 4:40:26 PM8/9/09
to omnetpp
Hi list,

I was wondering about the large files support when omnet is compiled. I
just ran a big simulation (generating vectors files bigger than 2Gb, in
linux), and the simulations fails when the vector file's size reach 2Gb
files. So, i added to the configure.user the -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 fla
so see if it solve the issue.. so, i'm waiting, but meanwhile, there are
some experience with vectors files beyond 2Gb?

JcM

Juan-Carlos.M...@sophia.inria.fr

Aug 9, 2009, 6:14:13 PM8/9/09
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi again,

the flag solve the problem. so, IMHO, it should be considered to add
this flag to the standard distribution of omnet 4.

JcM

Andras Varga

Aug 10, 2009, 4:35:16 PM8/10/09
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Juan-Carlos,

It was the aim to support large files in 4.0, so if it doesn't work out of
the box, it should be considered a bug. I added a bug report.

Andras

Juan-Carlos.M...@sophia.inria.fr

Aug 10, 2009, 5:26:51 PM8/10/09
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andras,

yes, good idea to fill a bug report... and you can also point out in the
report that scave does not work with files bigger than 2Gb. But the
wired thing was if i extract some vectors from these big files (by using
the scavetool), generating small files, scave could not read the vectors
as well. if you need some files to reproduce the bug, i can let them in
a hidden url for you.

cheers

JcM