BLT problem with omnet++3.3

Nithin M

Jan 21, 2010, 12:19:46 AM1/21/10
to omnetpp
nithin@ubuntu:~/Desktop/omnetpp-3.3$ ./configure
configure: -----------------------------------------------
configure: reading configure.user for your custom settings
configure: -----------------------------------------------
checking for icc... no
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for icpc... no
checking for g++... g++
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking if shared libs need -fPIC... no
checking if --export-dynamic linker option is supported/needed... both
checking for flags needed to link with static libs containing simple
modules... --whole-archive
configure: NOTE: Use the following syntax when linking with static
libraries
configure: containing simple modules and other dynamically registered
components:
configure: g++ ... -Wl,--whole-archive <libs> -Wl,--no-whole-
archive ...
checking for bison... bison -y
checking for flex... flex
checking for yywrap in -lfl... yes
checking lex output file root... lex.yy
checking whether yytext is a pointer... no
checking for make... make
checking for doxygen... doxygen
checking for perl... perl
checking for xsltproc... xsltproc
checking for gs... gs
checking for convert... convert
checking for dot... dot
checking for giftrans... giftrans
checking for math with CFLAGS="" LIBS=""... yes
checking for standard C++ lib with CFLAGS="" LIBS="-lstdc++"... yes
checking for dlopen with CFLAGS="" LIBS=""... no
checking for dlopen with CFLAGS="" LIBS="-ldl"... yes
checking for winsock with CFLAGS="" LIBS="-lwsock32"... no
checking for Tcl/Tk with CFLAGS="-I/usr/include/tcl8.4" LIBS=""... no
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... g++ -E
checking for X... libraries , headers in standard search path
checking for Tcl/Tk 8.5 with CFLAGS=" -I/usr/include/tcl8.4" LIBS=" -
ltk85 -ltcl85"... no
checking for Tcl/Tk 8.5 with CFLAGS=" -I/usr/include/tcl8.4" LIBS=" -
ltk8.5 -ltcl8.5"... no
checking for Tcl/Tk 8.4 with CFLAGS=" -I/usr/include/tcl8.4" LIBS=" -
ltk84 -ltcl84"... no
checking for Tcl/Tk 8.4 with CFLAGS=" -I/usr/include/tcl8.4" LIBS=" -
ltk8.4 -ltcl8.4"... yes
checking for wish... wish
checking for BLT 2.4 with CFLAGS="-I/usr/include/tcl8.4" LIBS=" -
ltk8.4 -ltcl8.4"... no
checking for BLT 2.4 with CFLAGS="-I/usr/include/tcl8.4" LIBS="-
lBLT24 -ltk8.4 -ltcl8.4"... no
checking for BLT 2.4 with CFLAGS="-I/usr/include/tcl8.4" LIBS="-lBLT -
ltk8.4 -ltcl8.4"... no
checking for BLT 2.4 with CFLAGS="-I/usr/include/tcl8.4" LIBS="-
lBLT2.4 -ltk8.4 -ltcl8.4"... no
configure: WARNING: Cannot compile or link program with BLT: BLT or
BLT-devel may not be installed -- check config.log for details. Plove
and Scalars require BLT to build.
checking for MPI with CFLAGS="" LIBS=""... no
checking for MPI with CFLAGS="" LIBS="-pthread -llammpio -llammpi++ -
lmpi -llam -laio -laio -lutil"... no
checking for MPI with CFLAGS="" LIBS="-lmpi++ -lmpi"... no
configure: WARNING: Optional package MPI (needed for parallel
simulation) not found.
checking for LibXML XML parser with CFLAGS="" LIBS=""... no
checking for LibXML XML parser with CFLAGS="" LIBS="-lxml2"... no
checking for LibXML XML parser with CFLAGS="-I/usr/include/libxml2"
LIBS="-lxml2"... yes
checking for Expat XML parser with CFLAGS="" LIBS=""... no
checking for Expat XML parser with CFLAGS="" LIBS="-lexpat"... no
configure: Using LibXML for XML parsing
checking for Akaroa with CFLAGS="" LIBS=""... no
checking for Akaroa with CFLAGS="" LIBS="-lakaroa -lfl"... no
configure: WARNING: Optional package Akaroa not found
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating src/cmdenv/Makefile
config.status: creating src/envir/Makefile
config.status: creating src/gned/Makefile
config.status: creating src/nedxml/Makefile
config.status: creating src/nedc/Makefile
config.status: creating src/scalars/Makefile
config.status: creating src/plove/Makefile
config.status: creating src/sim/Makefile
config.status: creating src/tkenv/Makefile
config.status: creating src/utils/Makefile
config.status: creating src/utils/opp_makemake
config.status: creating src/utils/opp_neddoc
config.status: creating samples/aloha/Makefile
config.status: creating samples/cqn/Makefile
config.status: creating samples/dyna/Makefile
config.status: creating samples/fddi/Makefile
config.status: creating samples/fifo/Makefile
config.status: creating samples/hcube/Makefile
config.status: creating samples/hist/Makefile
config.status: creating samples/neddemo/Makefile
config.status: creating samples/p-to-p/Makefile
config.status: creating samples/queueing/Makefile
config.status: creating samples/routing/Makefile
config.status: creating samples/queues/Makefile
config.status: creating samples/tictoc/Makefile
config.status: creating samples/tokenring/Makefile
config.status: creating samples/sockets/Makefile
config.status: creating test/Makefile

WARNING: The configuration script could not detect the following
packages:

BLT MPI (optional) Akaroa (optional)

Scroll up to see the warning messages (use shift+PgUp key), and see
config.log
for more details. While you can use OMNeT++/OMNEST in the current
configuration, please be aware that some functionality may be
unavailable
or incomplete.

Your PATH contains /home/nithin/Desktop/omnetpp-3.3/bin. Good!
Your LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set. Good!

TCL_LIBRARY is set. Good!
nithin@ubuntu:~/Desktop/omnetpp-3.3$ sudo apt-get install blt blt-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
blt is already the newest version.
blt-dev is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 268 not upgraded.
nithin@ubuntu:~/Desktop/omnetpp-3.3$

It seems that blt package is not getting detected by omnet++3.3. Could
someone help me sort this out? Thnks in advance.

Rudolf Hornig

Jan 21, 2010, 3:55:47 AM1/21/10
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Yep,

the blt package on recent ubuntu distros are broken somewhat.

The problem is that the default tcl-tk version on ubuntu is 8.4. On the other hand the blt package is using tcl/tk version 8.5 by default after installation (which is not present on your system usually)

Blt declares that it depends on tcl and tk packages but not explicitly that it needs 8.5.

You can do:
- ignore the warning and use OMNeT without BLT. You will have buttons in the dialogs instead of tabs, and there will be no multi column listboxes. You still get all the information, so it is really just about some better looking widgets. All the OMNET functionality is there (In fact OMNeT is not using BLT at all on MAC OS X for example)
- Install Tcl/Tk-8.5 and run configure again (OMNET will use the highes available Tcl/Tk version so you can keep the 8.4 for othe rprograms)
- Fix blt to use 8.4 by default: There are symlinks in /usr/lib and libBLT.a and libBLT.so are pointing to the 8.5 compatible versions of the libary. Become a root and change the symlink to point to the 8.4 libs. Run configure again.

Rudolf