There are no studies proving that cell phone radiation affect humans in the first place?

1 Aufruf
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

news....@googlemail.com

ungelesen,
07.02.2012, 10:34:2007.02.12
an omeg...@googlegroups.com
Regarding Prof' Dariusz Leszczynski's blog/ column:
This sentence alone, should raise a red flag  in the mind of any activist regarding the difference between debating science and doubting science:

"There are no studies proving that cell phone radiation affect humans in the first place."

It should raise a red flag regarding the influence of this "critique" on public knowledge, understanding of the body of evidence and awareness of the effects of their cell phones on them - the innocent, unsuspecting readers. Who does this serve? the industry, of course.

Who should lead public debate? this message advanced like a brainwash,  by the columns and blog,
or the Bioinitiative report?

"we have variety of  indications of  possible health effects"  -
Is this the actual situation? since the '60- there are "indications" only, on this type of radiation?
is this a joke?

"Hardell studies, known for their limited usefulness" -  Really? to whom?

"There is not much knowledge [on humans]  besides effects on blood pressure or heart beat, functions of human body that can be easily affected by experimental setting."

This is a denial, attributing effects to experimental settings, and ignoring other effects.
Please activists notice -  are you being led to believe this is a pure unbiased scientific debate?

"The primary reason for recommending precautionary action is not what we know but rather what we do not know"

This is a denial that there is a scientific basis for precaution, and it's what we know, not what we don't know. The professor presents what we don't know as the basis for precaution. Why? why deny already achieved knowledge?

The new report is very important:  a. it is non industry funding (rare)
b. it is mainstream medical people calling for precaution- this is a precedent.
This is great, not something to smash several days after it's published. This is something to advance because it brings public awareness.

"Authors bring attention to the controversy surrounding studies published in REFLEX project."
Below more info on the REFLEX,  against the seeding of confusion.
Regarding REFLEX

Mr. Jakob from Gigaherz was present at the meeting of June 29, 2006. Mr. Jakob insisted in knowing whether Prof. Primo Schär could confirm Adlkofer’s finding re the »number of single- and double-strand breaks in the DNA as a result of high [6] and extremely low-frequency electromagnetic fields«. Reluctantly, Prof. Schär admitted that the counting made at Novartis’ laboratories found an even greater number of strand breaks in the DNA. »At this point in time (my remark: in 2006) these research results are unpublished; but, when published, we will report on them here in ERCIM News«. Most probably these results will never be published: Prof. Primo Schär receives research funding from FSM …