Die Nachricht wurde gelöscht

omega_news

ungelesen,
26.01.2009, 03:03:0126.01.09
an World-News
From: JCMPelican
To: bmannin...@verizon.net
Sent: 1/25/2009 11:09:29 A.M. Central Standard Time
Subj: Re Safe Chemical Act

SUBJECT: KIDS SAFE CHEMICAL ACT -

Dear Bobbie: [ bmannin...@verizon.net
<mailto:bmannin...@verizon.net> ] Thanks for info re "Kids
Safe
Chemical Act!" Your work and that of others involved is very
important and impressive!

I should mention before I go on with a point I need to make, that
went to the website to view the "10 Americans" (Ken Cook) video
but
was not able to do so. A header page appeared that took up
entire
space on my monitor and did not allow for any sort of clicking to
activate, etc. It covered up all the icons on my screen and I
had
to do a "cold shutdown" when "Ctrl/Alt/Delete" did not work. I
appreciate importance of the info and am interested in facts
presented, approach, etc. but can't take the chance of trying to
open the video again. Hopefully others receiving our email
exchange will have better results.

I have major concerns insofar as /*ever determining*/ any sort of
"safe level" re chemicals. I definitely agree a sustained effort
establish "safer levels" is essential! We live in an EMF-
polluted
environment that, overall "ambient EMF's," may alone, (cellular
antennae, high voltage powerlines, WiFi) alter composition and
therefor "effects," of any medication, supplement or chemical.

Added to all of that, we have "close exposures" such as cell
phones,
PDA,'s and countless electric and telephone items, as well as
speakers (magnets), particularly being held close to our bodies
and
also typically found on nightstands and/or headboards of persons'
beds.

My website has a number of items-of-concern; however, some very
important letters have not been added to my site:

*WHY DID THE AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY STOP INFORMING PUBLIC RE
PREVENTABLE HEALTH PROBLEMS? Prepared for "Obama Change
Meetings" - 12-12-08*

http://freepage.twoday.net/stories/5385449/
<http://freepage.twoday.net/stories/5385449/>

Sleep Sheep creating a tranquil environment?
*http://freepage.twoday.net/stories/5137160/*
<http://freepage.twoday.net/stories/5137160/>

**
*Appeal by Joanne C. Mueller to Dr. Marilyn Albert, Alzheimers'
Advisory Board Task Force:*
http://freepage.twoday.net/stories/3038870/

*NIEHS...LINK TO HAZARDOUS SUBS INCL EMFS
*

http://www.niehs.nih.gov/research/resources/library/consumer/hazardou...

Hazardous substances..... includes "electromagnetic fields..."

The EMF RAPID Report that I am working so hard to have released to
Congress via the EMF Interagency Committe Report that Dr. Imre
Gyuk
"sits on" at the Dept. of Energy, would inform the public that low
level EMF's are designated Class 2B -- possible carcinogens -- in
the same category as benzene!

The fact that our bodies/cells are "electric," and that we know if
persons move the above-mentioned equipment away from close
proximity
to their bodies -- bedtime exposures are even more hazardous
because
of interference with melatonin production (pineal gland in brain)
that results in poor quality sleep and resultant problems -- that
"improvement" has and will occur in children dx'd w/autism-
epectrum
disorders, immune deficiencies (asthma, sinus infections, ear
infections, gastrointestinal problems) and many more health
problems.

Government reports re childhood Leukemia and EMF exposures are
misleading and have been "downplayed." The "powers-that-be" know
that the link was proven (EMF RAPID - 1999) between low EMF levels
immune deficiency and childhood Leukemia. Instead of
"responsibly
informing the public," they are deceptive by the fact that "a
weaker
link to adult Leukemia" was determined and they have chosen to say
simply, "the link to Leukemia is weak." This is a blatant lie!
The "weak link" is to "adult Leukemia" and not "childhood
Leukemia"
re chronic, low level EMF exposures.

Any and all things we do, whether good -- exercise, proper food,
supplements, etc., - or bad -- household and industrial chemicals,
etc., medications, overuse of supplements, perhaps even bad diet,
will "tip-the-scales" insofar as chemical interactions/
reactions.
Resultant oxidative stress and inflammation vary according to
lifestyle and combination of environmental factors and depending
upon genetic influences, amounts of contaminants, etc.. All of
these exposures are exacerbated by persons holding any item with a
speaker (magnet) close to their bodies, spending hours at a time
close to sources even in the daytime and, most worrisome,
"nighttime/bedroom exposures!"

You may know that www.healthychild.org
<http://www.healthychild.org/> does include EMF's on their
website. Dr. Devra Davis addresses cell phones. They show a
link
to the NIEHS or NIH info re EMF's. While any effort re EMF's is
important, I plan to contact them re importance of including
references to the 2002 EMF California Report that links childhood
Leukemia, brain cancer, Lou Gehrig's Disease and miscarriage to
EMF's as low as 4.0 mg. That report recommends residences not be
closer than 300 ft. to powerlines. There is another report from
2006, "BioInitiative" with a section titled "Immune" by Prof. Olle
Johansson, Karolinska Institute:

LINK: EVIDENCE FOR EFFECTS ON IMMUNE SYSTEM.....Prof. Olle
Johansson (part of lengthy Bioinitiative report re EMF's
2008....jcm...1-11-09)

http://www.bioinitiative.org/report/docs/section_8.pdf

This is a lot of information but there are countless other
studies,
books, reports and information re harmful health effects induced
by
close EMF exposures. If you don't have a chance to check out
all
of the recommended info above, be sure and take a look at my
website
and read my challenge to the American Cancer Society. I do know
we all can do only so much at a time.........

I am going to forward two items re protein misfolding. This has
do with "amyloid." You may already know that toxic exposures
cause
the formation of amyloid. Amyloid is found in persons with Type
II
diabetes. It is well-known that Type II diabetes is linked to
Agent
Orange exposure. I have numerous studies re amyloid as it
relates
to fibers formed as result of electric field exposures. One of my
guinea pigs (info onwebsite -- University of Minnesota Necropsy
Report re electric meter exposure) died from Reactive Renal
Amyloidisis! A "TSE-like problem" -- in family of "mad cow
disease." A woman in Nova Scotia was told her hamster had "TSE-
like
problem" after Toronto University examined tissue from her
hamster's
brain. The hamster cage had been close to the microwave oven!!!

I am working on obtaining funding for Prof. Johansson. It is
"vital" to study combinations of various chemicals, meds, etc. in
conjunction with simulation of typical bedroom electric field
exposures as well as studies re combination exposure effects when
using cell phones, PDA's and any other item such as even a small
radio w/speaker (magnet) that is held close to one's body.

*LINK....vip to use this link*
**
*http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17357117**?*

Personal digital assistant (PDA) cell phone units produce
elevated extremely-low frequency electromagnetic field
emissions.

*Sage C*
<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?
Db=pubmed&Cmd=Search&Term=%2...>,
*Johansson O*
<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?
Db=pubmed&Cmd=Search&Term=%2...>,
*Sage SA*
<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?
Db=pubmed&Cmd=Search&Term=%2...>.

We simply can not "keep our kids safe" unless the public is
informed
not only re dangers of chemicals but the fact that those exposures
"are exacerbated" perhaps many times over, especially when
sleeping
close to items emitting electric fields and/or re fetus or child
in
parents' arms being held against a speaker (magnet). In spite
of
considerable efforts and overwhelming support in the fight to
inform
re dangers of chemicals, I do not believe it is possible to
separate
potential harm due to "overall" low dose chemical exposures if not
consdering ramifications of /*combined*/ low level electric field
exposures.

I apologize for length of this email. Time constraints as I
mentioned. I did not want this issue to "fall through cracks"
Best wishes in your ongoing efforts and thanks again for all you
are
doing and have done!!! Take care - Joanne

Joanne C. Mueller
Guinea Pigs "R" Us
731 - 123rd Avenue N.W.
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55448-2127 USA
Phone: 763-755-6114
Email: jcmpeli...@aol.com <mailto:jcmpeli...@aol.com>
(1-25-09)

WEBSITE: http://guineapigsrus.org <http://guineapigsrus.org/>

ARE YOU AND YOUR CHILDREN GUINEA PIGS? Letter 7-22-04 by Joanne
Mueller
http://omega.twoday.net/stories/282050/

In a message dated 1/19/2009 12:19:47 P.M. Central Standard Time,
bmannin...@verizon.net writes:

Hi Joanne,

I received an email in response to a request I sent looking
for
a family in
Pittsburgh. Thank you for passing along my inquiry. I have a
dear friend
from MN...Nancy Hokkanen.

I also want to share a compelling video would best explain why
citizens are
uniting and working to change the policies that contribute to
the
devastating health
affects and increasing rates of chronic children's illnesses
we are
witnessing
today.

The "10 Americans", video features Ken Cook, President of the
Environmental
Working Group (EWG). http://www.ewg.org/kidsafe The video
presents a
picture of the current state of our children's health. Ken has
great sense
of humor and engages the audience with information that's not
too technical
but
extremely important. This video has received high praise from
everyone who
has
watched.

As you are aware, recent studies have shown that babies are
born
with as
many as 300
industrial chemicals in their bodies. Some of these chemicals
have been
linked to a
variety of adverse health effects including asthma, allergies,
autism, ADHD,
childhood cancer, obesity, infertility, and birth defects.

Each of these diseases carries enormous cost to American
taxpayers. It's
estimated that childhood cancer, asthma, neurodevelopmental
disorders and
lead poisoning cost our nation $54.9 billion annually. The
burden placed on
families whose children are affected by chronic diseases and
developmental
disabilities is immeasurable.

Despite increases in adverse health effects and soaring costs,
the
government currently has almost no authority to protect people
from even the
most
hazardous chemicals on the market.

The Toxic Substance Control Act (TSCA) is more than 30 years
old
and almost
completely ineffective. It is the only major environmental
law
that has
never been amended, and is so weak that using TSCA, the EPA
was
not able to
ban asbestos, one of the most deadly materials known to man.
Recent
concerns about chemicals in baby bottles and children’s toys
are
a direct
result of a failed TSCA that does not give the EPA the tools
it
needs to
protect the public health and ensure orderly regulation of
chemicals that
present legitimate health threats, particularly to children.

Recognizing the consequences of this regulatory failure,
government leaders,
professionals, children's health experts, and faith based
communities are
calling for reform of current chemical safety standards.
http://www.ewg.org/files/EWGKidsafe_support.pdf

The Kid-Safe Chemicals Act would reform the TSCA and ensure
that
chemicals
are safe for the fetus, babies and children before they are
put
into the
products we consume and use every day.
http://www.ewg.org/files/Kid-Safe-S3040.pdf

Kid-Safe requires:

· chemicals to be proven safe for infants, children and other
vulnerable populations in order to get on the market, or stay
on
the market;

· expedited EPA to review of chemicals found in people,
particularly those found in cord blood;

· health and safety data on chemicals to be made publicly
available.

Attached is a list of organizations that have already signed
on in
support of Kid-Safe --I have highlighted the national
organizations.
I have also attached a copy of the American Medical
Association
and the
National Council of Churches resolutions that acknowledge the
current law
is failing our country's most precious resource and calling
for
the type of
reform that Kid-Safe would address.

We are now reaching out to add to our list of supporters in
preparation for
the re-introduction of Kid-Safe this session.

We would be most grateful if you share this with your lists
and
encourage
like minded groups to join our list of supporting
organizations.
Organizations
that are interested can email me at bmann...@ewg.org .
Individuals who would like to help can sign our Declaration at
http://www.kidsafechemicals.org/

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
Through the
Kid-Safe
Chemicals Act we can respect and protect the most vulnerable
and
give our
children
a safer and healthier future.

Thank you,
Bobbie Manning
Environmental Health Outreach Coordinator
Environmental Working Group
c: 716.713.6625
o: 202.939.9150
f. 202.232.2592
bmann...@ewg.org
http://www.ewg.org

Sign the Kid-Safe Declaration, its important!
http://www.kidsafechemicals.org/
The latest environmental and health news delivered right to
your
inbox:
http://www.ewg.org/signup

omega_news