AddThis OExchange Support

Charlie Reverte

Mar 3, 2010, 1:49:46 PM3/3/10
to OExchange
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post here, quick intro, I'm the platform lead for
sharing services and OExchange implementation at AddThis. I wanted to
drop a quick note to detail the OExchange support we offer so far.

We can share to OExchange targets from our menu and toolbars, if
you've implemented an OExchange endpoint you can submit it to our
registry here:
http://addthis.com/services/submit-form

We also expose wrappers for all of the destinations we support so you
can share to them as if they were OExchange-compatible targets. We'll
do the translation and redirect you to the destination to complete the
share:

http://api.addthis.com/oexchange/0.8/forward/facebook/offer?url=http://addthis.com
(try it)

Replace "facebook" with the service code of the destination you want.
The urls all work exactly the same regardless of where you're
sharing. The full list of services we support (223 and counting) can
be found here: http://addthis.com/services/list

We also have an OExchange-compatible menu endpoint you can use if you
know what you want to share but don't know where you (or your users)
want to send it:

http://api.addthis.com/oexchange/0.8/offer?url=http://addthis.com (try
it)

More info on this here: http://www.addthis.com/help/sharing-api

We've also started experimenting with OExchange discovery, all of
these endpoints are discoverable via our host-meta file:

http://api-dev.addthis.com/.well-known/host-meta

And we have XRD descriptors for each service:

http://api-dev.addthis.com/oexchange/0.8/xrd/delicious.xrd

Lastly, we have support for the oexchange flash and iframe embedded
types. If you have content you want to share, pass us the params on
the url and we'll see it through to the destination, building a module
or callback as needed:

http://api.addthis.com/oexchange/0.8/forward/facebook/offer?url=http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Dv=344OpaQCAQI&title=Reggie+Watts&swfurl=http://www.youtube.com/v/344OpaQCAQI&width=640&height=385&screenshot=http://i3.ytimg.com/vi/BYwfRjS9rn4/default.jpg
(try it)

If you're sharing an url that supports Facebook Share [1] meta tags,
we can scrape those for you too:

http://api.addthis.com/oexchange/0.8/forward/igoogle/offer?url=http://www.vimeo.com/3771766

We have some more discovery work and a new batch of sharing
destinations coming soon.

Charlie

[1] http://wiki.developers.facebook.com/index.php/Facebook_Share/Specifying_Meta_Tags