OpenColorIO @ Siggraph

Jeremy Selan

Jul 19, 2011, 8:34:57 PM7/19/11
to OpenColorIO Developers, ocio-...@googlegroups.com
We will be hosting two OpenColorIO (OCIO) events at Siggraph, and we'd
love to see you there!

* OpenColorIO Meetup (BOF)
Tues, 2:30-3:30 PM
Convention Center 102, West Building

This upcoming year is shaping up to be an incredible one. The
OpenColorIO 1.0 release is just around the corner, and we're weeks
away from popular commercial apps shipping with built-in OCIO support.
At this meetup, we'll discuss upcoming software / hardware vendor
support, the upcoming development roadmap, as well as discussions
about future project goals. Even if your facility is currently not
relying on OCIO, if you're responsible for color management at a VFX /
Animation facility (or are an artist interested in such), we'd love to
have your input on these topics! Who knows, you may find it
preferable to use OCIO someday... ;)

* Imageworks Open-Source "Beer of a Feather"
Wed evening
Pub near hotels / convention center (location TBA)

The admins of several of the SPI-sponsored and -related open source
projects (OSL, Field3D, OpenColorIO, OIIO, Alembic, maybe more, we'll
see) have decided to hold a joint BOF / beer-related event at
SIGGRAPH. We're planning on Wednesday evening (August 10), after the
sessions end but before the usual evening festivities start. So mark
your calendars, it'll be a time to relax, enjoy a beer in lovely
Vancouver, and match names and faces from your favorite open source
projects. Exact location and time will be announced as we get closer
(but definitely Wednesday evening).

-- Jeremy

Jeremy Selan

Jul 19, 2011, 9:21:54 PM7/19/11
to OpenColorIO Developers, ocio-...@googlegroups.com
And to clarify, both of these events are totally open to everyone who
is interested. Full Conference passes are *not* required to attend
BOF events.

-- Jeremy