Thanks to all developers here

Dan Falck

Jun 10, 2011, 4:05:30 PM6/10/11
to oce-dev
I want to say thanks to everyone working on this project. This is
definitely a much needed fork that gives some of us who are working on
other projects that are dependent on OpenCascade some piece of mind.

Dan

QbProg

Jun 11, 2011, 7:12:53 AM6/11/11
to oce...@googlegroups.com
Hello Dan,
thank you for the feedback :)

We always appreciate user reports about issues, how the packages are
used (OS, compilers, etc...), and what you feel is still missing!
So don't hesitate to open bugs or to put your considerations here in
the mailing list!

Byee
Qb

2011/6/10 Dan Falck <ddfal...@yahoo.com>:

Message has been deleted

Thomas Paviot

Jun 13, 2011, 1:27:31 AM6/13/11
to oce...@googlegroups.com
2011/6/10 Dan Falck <ddfal...@yahoo.com>
Hi Dan,

Glad to see you joining this group!

Dan, you're involved in the HeeksCAD project. We're looking for feedbacks from downstream users. It's not really a survey, but we must absolutely feel the needs of OCE users, for instance people who registered this ml and who are only monitoring the project.

What are your expectations with the OCE project? what would you like to see implemented in a short term? a long term? are you ready to switch from OCC to OCE for HeeksCAD? why would you *not* be ready to use OCE? Any other comment is welcome.

Thomas

Dan Falck

Jun 13, 2011, 8:47:16 PM6/13/11
to oce-dev
Hi Thomas,

Thanks to Mark Pictor , HeeksCAD now is able to use OCE (thanks
Mark!). I built HeeksCAD with it on my machine over a week ago and all
is well- I haven't noticed any differences. I built from source on
this 64 bit Ubuntu Lucid machine. Mark also was the one who set
HeeksCAD up to use cmake. This is awesome. I'm glad you are using it
for OCE also. I'm like cross platform tools like cmake.
I also have a Mac OS X laptop running 10.6 (32 bit) and haven't tried
building OCE on it yet. My hope is to build it, without dependencies
on X windows and then build HeeksCAD without fink/macports wxWidgets.
I haven't had the time to get started yet on that one.
The thing that I would like to see are more projects using OCE. The
more people start using it, the more test cases/QA/bug reporting that
you will have. This is a healthy thing.

Thanks,
Dan