southside report:

Keith McCulloch

Nov 13, 2010, 8:54:02 AM11/13/10
to obxbea...@googlegroups.com
southside report:

lots of action...

- about 8 kiteboarders and 2 two wave runners were towing in at false point just east of Hatteras Inlet, I stopped on my way back from OC around 5pm to check them out.  pretty nice, clean logo high sets rolling in, peeling for 100 yds., decent wind as well about 65 degrees offshore..but the island bends right there so its doable.. they were ripping it up with some impressive drops and rides.

- Jay and Lane went to the south end of Ocracoke and reported back all time epic rides and almost side shore wind.. and huge easy peeling waves....this is the spot to go for a North wind. lane said he got some photos so check his face book page (Lane Dupont)

- I got a late start and made it to the north end of ocracoke at 12:45.. super clean...long lines about logo high ..some sections where barreling..and the wave was VERY fast..with really offshore wind..but still sailable.. also super smooth water.. about the smoothest i've ever seen the north end.  I sailed for about 2.5 hours.. a few waves i caught were quite memorable and made the trek worthwhile.  Pulling into one wave i realized that the section i had to clear was much bigger and moving much faster than I anticipated.. after turning around a perfectly shaped near mast high teardrop peak like the kind you see in surf magazines, i was delighted to see a perfectly standing wall about 200 yds long ..after about 3 big,fast turns i was 100 yds down the line and it was time to kick out the back so i didn't get drilled into the inside, ...landing and then fulling planing thru the jibe was a good thing since there were two more behind this one coming my way, no worries.. fully powered 5.0 on the inside so it was easy to avoid.     the water is still warm down there except right near the inlet where you get some sound water mixing.

-Keith

Andy

Nov 13, 2010, 10:16:24 AM11/13/10
to OBX Beach LIfe
Man oh man.... Stoked you caught it!!

Keith McCulloch

Nov 13, 2010, 6:05:13 PM11/13/10
to obxbea...@googlegroups.com

Ryan Getchis

Jan 8, 2011, 4:37:55 PM1/8/11
to obxbea...@googlegroups.com
Hello all- Happy New Year!!

At the Wave Jam I bragged a bit about my local spot here in Rhode Island :-) Here is a nice video that showcases the local talent and conditions that my friend Steve produced. Its 28 minutes of fun for your winter enjoyment-- I hope to bring some of the crew down to OBX this fall-

George Markopoulos

Jan 9, 2011, 8:58:29 PM1/9/11
to obxbea...@googlegroups.com

Nice Ryan!

Keith McCulloch

Jan 9, 2011, 9:44:37 PM1/9/11
to obxbea...@googlegroups.com
side off, down the line port tack..my favorite!  awesome break you'll have there.. Rhode Island Wave Fest should be the next spot of the tour!

George Markopoulos

Jan 9, 2011, 9:55:16 PM1/9/11
to obxbea...@googlegroups.com

Ha
What about Assateague?

Nord Roi

Jan 10, 2011, 6:41:15 AM1/10/11
to obxbea...@googlegroups.com

Very nice spot and nice video!!!  RI is on my list for sure!!!
Thanks for sharing that!!
cheers
steeve

Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 20:58:29 -0500
Subject: Re: Rhode Island wavesailing video
From: geo...@delmarvaboardsportadventures.com
To: obxbea...@googlegroups.com

Keith McCulloch

Jan 10, 2011, 4:14:25 PM1/10/11
to obxbea...@googlegroups.com
don't you mean bumpateaque?

George Markopoulos

Jan 10, 2011, 4:17:37 PM1/10/11
to obxbea...@googlegroups.com

Well it ain't ocracoke that's for sure.  But it ain't bad

Keith McCulloch

Jan 10, 2011, 4:32:14 PM1/10/11
to obxbea...@googlegroups.com
just teasing!!! :-)

man what happened to global warming? its like a deep freezer in hatteras.

On 1/10/2011 4:17 PM, George Markopoulos wrote:

> Well it ain't ocracoke that's for sure. But it ain't bad

George Markopoulos

Jan 10, 2011, 4:34:38 PM1/10/11
to obxbea...@googlegroups.com

Hey, you get no sympathy from me. It's colder up here...but its not stopping me!

Ricsurf

Jan 11, 2011, 3:58:15 PM1/11/11
to obxbea...@googlegroups.com

Nice video - is any of it shot at Horseneck?

rick eustis

R y a n G e t c h i s

Jan 11, 2011, 7:47:18 PM1/11/11
to obxbea...@googlegroups.com
No, majority of it is at Matunack bch and some clips from Pt Judith-but Horseneck certainly does well especially in a big swell!
Ryan

Nice video - is any of it shot at Horseneck?

rick eustis

At the Wave Jam I bragged a bit about my local spot here in Rhode Island :-) Here is a nice video that showcases the local talent and conditions that

lerr...@aol.com

Jan 14, 2011, 6:26:40 PM1/14/11
to obxbea...@googlegroups.com
Ryan - fun video - thanks for sending along - I presume that was a very large whale a 3:03 - common to see?  and what kind?  Randy