Bloody tunnel by the station

Marlin Forbes

Sep 19, 2016, 6:02:08 AM9/19/16
to The Observatory Neighbourhood Watch

Someone walked into the cafe where I work, and told us they were hosing down blood in the tunnel under the railway line down the road in Observatory.

I have been held up at gunpoint (in a cafe in Obs) to have my laptop and mobile phone taken. Two of my close friends have been brutally mugged (stabbed multiple times) within the last few months.

What are the police doing about any of this?

I have yet to hear a single word about the armed robbery I was involved in, despite being quite clear that I could identify at least one the perpetrators.

It *seems* like they make a great big show on the day that it happens (police colonels interviewing us at the scene of the crime), and then... nothing, absolutely nothing.

When someone says they can identify a suspect, get a drawing immediately. This happened over a month ago, memory fades, and so does confidence in the police force.

Predators are on the prowl. Don't stray too far from the pack and don't look weak.

Be careful out there, folks. Apparently, no-one is looking after your arse except yourself.

Adele Grosse

Sep 19, 2016, 6:30:22 AM9/19/16
to Marlin Forbes, The Observatory Neighbourhood Watch

Yes, I was just told by someone else that when she walked through the tunnel the morning there was a lot of blood. Can anyone give us info on this please

Committed2Continue Madiba Magic

Adéle MomNdela Grosse
CEO, ISWM GLOBAL (PTY)Ltd

PROUD2ME®  Centre4Change

76 Arnold Street, Observatory, Cape Town

PO BOX 13841, Mowbray, 7705, Cape Town, South Africa

+27 83 6588 733 [mobile]
086 652 1300 [fax]

© Copyright 2003 All rights reserved: ISWM Global PTY(Ltd)

OPS [Obsid Public Safety] - 24/7 control room

TEL: 021-447-1066 or 072-063-1653

EMERGENCIES: 10111

ONW email: o...@obs.org.za
WEB: www.obswatch.org.za
FACEBOOK: facebook.com/obswatch
Other Useful Obs Numbers: obs.org.za/obsdir

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups The Observatory Neighbourhood watch group. To post to this group, send email to ob...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to obsnw+un...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/obsnw?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The Observatory Neighbourhood Watch" group.

Barbara Langridge

Sep 19, 2016, 8:21:00 AM9/19/16
to Adele Grosse, Marlin Forbes, The Observatory Neighbourhood Watch, Gwénaëlle Dereymaeker

Hallo Adele,

Thank you for your email.

I have forwarded the email to SAPS – Woodstock Police Station.

The PRASA underpass serving pedestrian traffic under the rail line is an on going problem.  Various suggestions have been offered to find a solution to the:

1.       Vandals who break the lights

2.       Use it as a toilet

3.       Use for homeless as a place to sleep

4.       Littering

5.       Crime hotspot

Complaints against PRASA relating to their property around the railway line have been on going and in the past years they have not responded.    All efforts to find a solution have failed. PRASA needs to address the security of the rail track area from Cape Town CBD all the way down to Muizenburg.  It is currently a passage way for criminals and high maintenance for littering. PRASA seem unconcerned about the welfare of their property or their passengers.

Please find attached a formal complaint form.  Complete this and hand it to your CPF Sub Forum.

I also recommend you enlist your NGO as a member of CPF Sub forum, I will ask the Secretary to forward you a copy of the membership application form.  There is no charge to be a member, and they need people on board to add a voice to forum and for community safety.

Best regards,

Barbara Anne Langridge

6 Irwell Street, Observatory, 7925,  Western Cape

www....@makululodge.com

Langri...@gmail.com

+27 76 996 7067

+27 21 448 8522