Response timeout in development

pcrawfor

Feb 27, 2009, 7:49:49 PM2/27/09
to ObjectiveResource
Hey just a heads up to anyone running a rails app in development mode
Connection.m defines a fairly short time out on requests (5 seconds)
which I was hitting pretty easily on my local dev webserver for search
queries and that sort of thing.

You can modify
static float timeoutInterval = 5.0;
in Connection.m to increase for development.

The default logging output doesn't really indicate the reason for the
request failure might be worth outputting the connectionDelegate.error
in the response log as well.

I happen to be processing all of my objective resource requests in the
background so this doesn't affect user experience in my app.

Ryan Daigle

Feb 27, 2009, 8:02:43 PM2/27/09
to objectiv...@googlegroups.com
Good point - we should probably make that value more accessible AND up the default amount a significant amount since it's quite feasible that people will expect to connect over an EDGE network.

I've added a ticket to track this:

-Ryan

James Burka

Feb 27, 2009, 8:06:55 PM2/27/09
to objectiv...@googlegroups.com
You should be able to set the timeout interval like:

[Connection setTimeout:15];

Increasing the default is a good idea though.

James